Chapter 1

Glitches were never uncommon when it came to Fazbear Entertainment's animatronics, no matter the model they all seemed to have their own "quirks" in one way or another. The animatronics at the Pizzaplex considered themselves far better off than their predecessors, although they still had their own faults as well. Roxanne had self-confidence issues, Montgomery didn't think anything through, Chica's garbage disposing protocol gave her what could only be described as a ravenous appetite, Bonnie's reputation exceeded him in the worst of ways, glitches or not, and even the star of the show himself would freeze up if the crowd was larger than he'd been told to expect, and that was only the main cast! The glitches were tolerable though, far easier to manage than the older models... until they weren't.

If you asked any of the customers, or even the employees, when the animatronics really started to act up, most would tell you it was a few weeks before Bonnie was decommissioned. The children and animatronics themselves, however, would tell you that it had all begun far earlier than that, when the newest nightguard took it upon herself to try and fix the Daycare Attendant's sporadic battery issues.

Moon had started to act differently after her tampering and Sun stopped going to Parts and Service, things only went downhill from there.

Then Gregory came into the mix.

Children during the after-hours wasn't anything new by now, though Sun's protocols always reminded them that it was bad, very bad for them to be there so late! But they never could've prepared for a gremlin such as Gregory! He wasn't a bad child by any means, no, perhaps a bit defiant but Sun chalked that up to the stress he was undoubtedly being put under trying to navigate his way through a complete deathtrap, and maybe it wasn't their best idea to leave a child alone in such a place but judging by the Fazwatch strapped to his wrist he wasn't completely alone like Sun desperately needed to be.

It had been a long time since Moon had last been let out, long enough that Sun could've almost convinced themself that the Daycare had been spared from the horrors of whatever was happening in the Pizzaplex. Yet seeing the inhumanly large hand-shaped bruise slowly forming on Gregory's arm that Sun was absolutely certain hadn't been there when the boy had first come tumbling down the slide, there was no denying that something was wrong with them... wrong with Moon.

It was a revelation that Sun knew they would have to face one day, Moon was them after all, the other half of the same coin, it was a miracle in itself that it took this long for them to have to face the facts. The Moon they knew was gone, replaced with the terrifying beast that preyed in the shadows of their shared mind. There was no changing this, Sun knew as they clutched a plush of their counterpart tightly to the buttons on their chest plate. Yet, even so, they couldn't help but call out for the other through their wavering link... they didn't get an answer.