Chapter 8

Things were not, in fact, well, Sun deduced as DJ only confirmed their fears that they wouldn't have the means to charge nor repair most of the animatronics in the building. "The minis aren't much of a concern; they know how to rebuild one another from scratch and already have a habit of siphoning battery life from anything they can. I'd have them find chargers for us, but they wouldn't be able to bring much back least I send an entire army out." DJ had confided in them through the choir mini of whom Sun had newly nicknamed Sophie.

Sun stared ahead, something akin to dread pooling in their stomach as the reality of their situation sunk in. Pat-Pat swerved around them in oblivious cheer and they watched the bot in slight envy. "Sun," DJ poked at their back to try and regain their attention, the frayed fingertips of his gloves barely intact as Sophie steadied herself on DJ's arm. "I have an idea on how we could find proper chargers for ourselves, but..." He seemed to grimace, one of his hands making a quickly aborted gesture towards Sun. They almost immediately caught on.

"Me?!" they cried out in panicked shock, "You want to send me to get the parts?! I hardly look anything like a human! Not to mention we don't have the money to pay for any of the stuff we need, and if I don't pay for it then I go to prison- and it would be so cold in prison- PLEASE don't let them send me to PRISON DJ!" Sun wailed, clutching Pat-Pat close after he'd approached to see what was wrong.

DJ put a few of his hands up in a mollifying gesture, another rubbing soothingly at their back. "We can figure something else out," Sophie comforted as they tried to steady their breathing, "It's your decision, just... think about it."