Halloween/ Dia de los Muertos

Less than two weeks away from Halloween, Jeremy was sitting on an old couch in Mike's apartment. Helpy passed out in Mike's room as Ennard stuffed his face with extra cheesy, and extra greasy, pizza in the kitchen, much to Mike's dismay.

"Remember RWQ?" Jeremy had questioned seemingly out of the blue, nervously tapping his fingers against his half-empty soda can with an awkward smile on his face.

"The weird shadow thing you used to see back at Faz-butts?" Mike asked with a smirk, his grin fading slightly as he noticed the younger's anxious demeanor.

"Yeah, I remember. What about it?" He sat a bit straighter in his chair, glancing over to the kitchen for a brief second to check that Ennard wasn't listening in before turning back to Jeremy when he was sure they were in the clear.

"I saw them again," Jeremy said and Mike stiffened, "He's really back-"

"Stop." Mike cut him off, raising a hand.

"Mike, we have to do somethi-"

"No." Mike cut him off again and Jeremy groaned in annoyance.

"So what, you want us to just do nothing?" He hissed, Mike just sighed tiredly.

"We can't just sit back and watch, He's BACK, we have to STOP HIM-"

"Jeremy, I'm an old man."

Jeremy faltered.

"I know I don't act like it; I know I don't look like it, but it's the truth. I'm old." Mike stood as he spoke, glowing eyes burning holes through the younger.

"YOU'RE old, Jeremy." He said, voice rising in volume quickly as Jeremy stood in turn.

"FRITZ is old- he has KIDS Jeremy! One of which is about to go to COLLEGE!" Mike waved his arms in exasperation, moving closer to Jeremy but Jeremy didn't so much as flinch.

"I've been trying to fix HIS MESS for all of MY life, Jeremy! You and Fritz have too at this point! We can't keep chasing after Him anymore!"

"But that's exactly why we HAVE to keep chasing Him!" Jeremy yelled.

"We've been chasing Him ALL OUR LIVES; we KNOW how to beat Him! We can't just sit here when we can do something to help-" Mike grasped Jeremy's arm, pulling the other towards him as he ground his teeth together.

"Then why is He still out there, huh? If we know how to beat Him, why haven't we beaten Him FOR GOOD?" He hissed out, grip tightening on Jeremy's wrist until sparks of pain began to shoot through the limb.

"I've spent a lifetime hunting him down, Jeremy. I've lost EVERYTHING because of Him not once but TWICE. I am NOT about to spend THE REST OF ETERNITY CHASING THAT BASTARD WITH YOU, see JEREMY-" Jeremy cried out in pain, yanking his arm away as Ennard managed to pry Mike's fingers off of his arm.

He it close to his chest, bruises already beginning to form on his pale skin from where Mike had been holding him in place.

He left Mike's apartment without another word.

                                          o0o

Six days before Halloween, Jeremy had completely cut contact with Mike, having blocked his number and changed the lock to his apartment. The only thing that stopped Mike from tearing down his door was Fritz's keeping him updated. Reassuring him that Jeremy was, in fact, alive and well and just upset about their argument.

                                             o0o

Two days before Halloween, Fritz called Mike to tell him that he hadn't been able to reach Jeremy at all since the day prior, and when they checked his apartment both Jeremy's phone and laptop were missing, along with Jeremy himself.

                                             o0o

On Halloween day Jeremy Fitzgerald was declared missing.