Four 🍓

When she woke up, Natalie found herself in someone else's bed. It was comfy and had soft gray sheets, but she was alone. She recognized the walls, the posters, and the dresser at the end of the bed. What she recognized the most was Fezco laying on the ground next to the bed, his arm curled tightly around his pillow. His blue eyes were open, looking up at her with concern.

"You been outta it, for like... fifteen hours, Ma." He mumbled to her, not moving from his position on the floor.

Natalie looked at him really funny before sitting up and starting to pull the oversized sweatpants off of her legs. His eyes trailed down them before meeting her brown eyes again.

"I'm really sorry, Fez. We should've never came in the first place." Nat sighed, running her finger down her left leg.

"It's okay. I know you wanted to get up out of here. But, Rue, bruh." She shook her head, because if they had left when Fezco told them to, they would have never been forced to take Fentanyl.

"I'm sorry," She whispered again, and Fez slowly got up from his spot on the floor.

"It's fine, Natalie. I shoulda shot him the minute he touched you. Fucking terrified me, girl. And you kept on waking up saying you needed to pee, but you couldn't so you kept cryin'. Fuckin' broke my heart to see you like that." He mumbled, pulling her closer to him so he could brush her hair behind her ear and swipe his thumb slowly across her cheek.

"'Ion want you doing this shit, Natalie. I mean, some smoke is fine, but 'ion wanna see you off Oxys, anymore. You too good for allat, bruh. Too smart." Nat sniffled and nuzzled her face into the shoulder of his white tee shirt.

This whole scary drug dealer, Fentanyl, waking up fifteen hours later and not remembering embarrassing yourself shit had to stop.

She'd never been blacked out like this in her life, no matter what drugs she took or how much she drank, Natalie was always able to hold her weight and stay alert. But being told that you told the dude you kind of had a crush on that you couldn't empty your bladder was fucking embarrasing.

And, more than anything, Natalie was scared to hear what her parents had to say about her not coming home for dinner and not being home when she was supposed to be.

She didn't know that when she was high and was waking up every hour to pee, Fez had to carry her to the bathroom and stay there to watch her and make sure she didn't fall off the toilet and bust her face up, and she didn't know that when she was so drowsy and sedated he held her and pulled her hair back while she vomited up what very little she had in her stomach.

She wouldn't know that he helped her drink water and let her lay on top of him while she slept, because she would whine every time he would leave her. She didn't need to know that he cared about her so much.

But when she did finally come back to planet Earth, she knew that she felt dizzy and she just wanted to go back to sleep, but she couldn't, because her parents were definitely expecting her, and she couldn't miss a day of school unless she was deathly sick.

So she sat there with Fez for a while and cried nasty, sloppy tears into his soft, cotton long sleeve for almost a whole hour before she pulled herself together, thanked him profusely and put her now dry clothes back on.

It was eight in the morning now, so Fezco felt comfortable enough to let her ride her bike back home. But, he didn't let her leave until he dressed her in one of his colorful sweaters and pressed a kiss to her forehead, telling her to come by the store after school.

🍓

    Natalie didn't really give a shit about Shyguy118 who had been texting with Jules nonstop. But she did care that Rue was obviously feeling some kind of way about it.