Seven 🍓

At this point in her life, Natalie knew Nate Jacobs was abusive. Sure, you couldn't really tell from afar, but it was obvious when you looked up close. Natalie was always at the drugstore, buying multiples of cheap concealer and color correctors to try and cover up bruises Nate left. She wore long sleeves to hide the marks that blossomed on her biceps, sometimes turtle necks, depending on how bad the fight was or how frustrated he was.

When she left the carnival in such a rush, passing the chili booths and skirting past the trailers, she didn't miss the way Nate and Maddy walked out from in between them. She saw Nate first, giving him a smile that quickly fell when she noticed Maddy trailing behind, rubbing at her neck.

She felt bad for Maddy. Natalie knows how hard it is to cover up marks on your face or neck. She knows how hard it is to escape him.

But, she did nothing, she said nothing. If she could avoid being Nate's next victim, she would, even if it hurt her morally.

Ever the bystander, she waved at Maddy and left, planning on texting her Natalie's ultimate bruise cover up regime.

She knew all about their relationship. She knew Maddy lied to Nate about being a virgin, she knew that they cheated on each other all the time, she knew that they'd never leave each other.

And Natalie loved Nate, but she knew he was a monster. She knew that eventually, she'd have to get out of the relationship before it got too bad, but she never knew if the time was right.

When she started falling for Fezco, she started ghosting Nate. It pissed him off, but he was too busy trying to kill for Maddy to be too concerned about Natalie.

Natalie told me one night in a Molly induced haze that Fezco was her fallen Angel, always protecting her, picking up her broken pieces, making her see heaven, and that Nate was like Lucifer, reaching up from the depths of hell with a grip on her ankle, trying to pull her down with him.

To be fair, I was way too high to understand her, but now, I get it. It's like me, Jules, and drugs. It's like you're in purgatory, and one has a grasp on your hand, pulling you up, and the other is desperately dragging you down, trying to steal your fate.

🍓

     Fezco made Natalie see Heaven.

When she got home from that dreadful carnival, she had to sit on the couch and try to push thoughts about the night out of her head.

Her parents, Nate and Maddy, Fezco, all of it was making her feel uneasy.

When she went to give Marie her pills and change her into a fresh nightgown, Natalie sat and talked to her. She told her all about Nate, all about Maddy, all about her parents, all about Fez.

She would take her shit with Nate to the grave. But at the same time, it wasn't like Nana was gonna gossip.

When she had gotten everything off her chest and Marie was in a new pink gown, Natalie showered, shaved, and exfoliated.

She threw on one of Fezco's white T-shirts and a nice lace pair of panties, hoping something would finally happen with Fez. Then, she did as she was told and kept the bed warm.

Sinking into soft galaxy sheets and resting her head on her silk pillowcase, Nat pulled out her phone.

Natalie: Hey, Mads. Ik what ur going through rn. Use a yellow color corrector then heavy concealer and foundation. When they start to yellow use a purple corrector. Put some ice on them to help w/ bruising. Love you.

Maddy: thanks babe. love you too. im sorry.

Natalie: Me too.

Natalie sighed, clicking her phone off and throwing it onto Fez's pillow. She wished there was someone she could tell. Fez was her only option, though if he found out that Nate had abused Natalie, he would kill him.