Six 🍓

Fezco and I met after I had already started doing drugs, but before I roped Natalie into doing them with me. He was apprehensive at first. He didn't really want to sell to me, because, well, I was only a kid. But, money's money, so you can't really blame him for doing his job.

He met Natalie, like, a year later. We were fifteen, and I told her I started getting drugs from an outside source, but I didn't tell her who. She got pissed and demanded to know who, because she didn't trust that I wouldn't get something that had been laced.

I remember vividly, her going up to Fez, getting all in his face, and like, demanding him to promise her that he would never sell me anything bad.

He told her that he didn't fuck with Fentanyl and that all of his shit was pure. She didn't believe him until she started hanging around him, too.

And, Fez was kinda fucked up.

Not like he's a bad person, or a creep, or anything like that, but his brain was kind of fucked. He didn't always remember people's names or faces unless they were regulars. And, it always took him a little bit to comprehend what people said if he wasn't paying, like, a hundred and ten percent attention.

Maybe it was because when he was younger his grandma reared back and hit him in the head with a crowbar, but he would never blame her for his self-proclaimed stupidity.

But, his grandma was a story for another day.

She's like, always on his mind. So is Ashtray.

He told me once that his mind was always filled. Filled with thoughts of his family and the business, of Natalie. And one time, he told me that when he's with her the world goes quiet.

Honestly, he'll never admit it, but I think he really loves her.

It's really cute.

🍓

Natalie had been staying with the O'Neills for two weeks. She slept in Fez's bed, helped him and Ashtray count and bag pills, cooked them dinners and lunches, worked behind the register of their convenience store.

She tried to pull her weight when she could, tried to stay out of the way when she needed to.

Fez liked that she was around. He liked that she would sit on the counter and talk to him when he worked behind the till, he liked that she bought new stuff for the laundry that smelt good and made his shirts soft. He liked that she made the bed every day and made the best cinnamon rolls for brunch. He loved the way she would wake him up, softly with little kisses on his cheeks. He loved when she would make him hold her and throw her leg over his waist while they slept. She made him really happy and she made him want to hold her and give her a million kisses, she made him want to make her laugh so hard she snorted and she made him want to do a million other things.

Fez also didn't like that she was around all the time. He didn't like it when she would leave her hair on the wall of the shower and he didn't like that her night routine consisted of an abundance of creams and serums that took up half of the medicine cabinet. He didn't like when she would back talk him or stay up too late reading her books, leaving her exhausted and grumpy in the mornings. He hated when she'd get whiny and pout because he told her she needed to go to school or talk to her parents. He hated when she wouldn't listen to him. All of the good outshines the bad, but that doesn't mean that she isn't a major fucking brat.

Right now, she was laid out on the couch, staring at him with hooded eyes as she watched him roll a joint for her.

His hands worked quickly, grinding up the marijuana in the beat up, black grinder. He shook it out onto the rolling tray, quickly picking up the specks and sprinkling them into the watermelon rolling papers that Natalie loved so much.