Chapter 25

I reached home after a tiring day of shopping and work, after reaching I straight went for a shower. After I came out I saw two missed calls on my phone from an unknown number. I returned the call and was surprised to understand it was Rasika. It was too late for her to call and I was quite sure about what she would expect.

Me, "yes Rasika, tell me what is it?"

Rasika, "I am so sorry sir to disturb you at this time but I need your help and there is no one in this city whom I know or I can trust. So please sir help me suggest a good and a safe hotel because the broker who was suppose to get me a house here has ditched me and right now I have no where else to go."

This for sure was a part of her game plan; I knew what she was actully expecting so I played along.

Me, "why do you want to spend on a hotel room; if its fine with you, you can be my guest till you find a place."

Rasika, "really? oh thank you so much sir! It will be such a great help. I shall be there as soon as possible."

Me, "thats good then, I will keep your dinner ready by then."

It was all running in my mind how I could get this lady reveal all that I wanted to know about Maria and her family. As I kept thinking I heard the door bell ring, there she was. Rasika, "hi! I really don't know how I will be able to repay for this. It is such a big help."

Me, "Rasika, relax, I will not be deducting your salary for helping you. Come in, freshen up and join in for dinner. The guest room is on your right."

Rasika, "Sir, you did not eat your dinner?"

Me, "how could I, it is very rare that I get such a beautiful girl giving me company for dinner (smiling)."

Rasika, "Sir, you are making me blush now (smiling). Give me 15 minutes and I will see you at the table."

As I waited for her to join me, I was also thinking to myself. Sometimes, a lot of efforts to do things the way we want reaps us nothing, and sometime when we give up on our chase, we find life brining the thing we are chasing every step closer to us. Rasika's entry had ignited the spark of revenge in me yet again now and this time I feel the fire will either consume me or consume Maria and her family.

Me, "so you feel fresh now?"

Rasika, "must tell you sir what an amazing house you have. How do you manage to all alone? (surprised).

Me, "living alone never bothered me Rasika, but people who left me alone, yes that did bother me."

Rasika, "oh thats deep, I sense some love connection here (with a naughty smile)

Me, "haha; so you want to know my story ha."