Chapter 26

Me, "been alone all my life, made a fortune by following my heart. Everything you see around is my own hardwork. I inherited nothing except my father's name."

Rasika, "impressive, I like self made men."

Me, "what's your story?

Rasika, "nothing as interesting as yours. I am just a girl from a small town."

Me, "what if I tell you that I made a reference check on you."

Rasika, "oh really! I am sure sir everything would had been just in line with my resume."

Me, "yes everything except your resume dose not speak about you working with a government company as an Executive Assistance. That indeed is a very important position and leaving that kind of a job why would you choose to become personal assistant to an upcoming entrepreneur. There is something that I am missing here Rasika, can you tell me what went wrong."

Her countenance had changed, she was finding the right words when I made her feel comfortable enough to speak. She asked for a drink is possible and luckily I had some red wine, cabernet shiraz vintage 2003.

After having a few glasses of wine, Rasika, "this company which is missing on my resume is that place where my life changed completely. I was highly productive, so very soon I found favour in the eyes of the most senior officer. With in a year I was promoted and six months more I reached that position which was desired by all men in the office. It was quite obvious what was to happen with me, because there were a lot of incapable people who desired that position, my character was put under question. I never bothered about what people had to say, until one day when the M.D. asked me "are you aware of what people talk about you and me?" I said yes sir, I know that but it hardly matters to me." What he said after that changed my world. He said, "it might not be bothering you but it bothers me to be linked up with you in such a way and not being able to get real credits of the crime that people think I am participating in."

"I could not believe my ears and the first time I ignored it with a smile, but with every passing day his harassment continued and reached to a limit where I was asked to choose either to enter in a relationship or put down my papers. I felt horrible and I decided to teach him a lesson, I went and reported about him in the head office for it was obvious if he looses his job, I would gain his position. So next day an inquiry officer reached the office and went straight up to his cabin to question him."