Chapter 27

I was very certain that things from here were to work completely in my favour and never ever I would have to tolerate shit but everything happened contrary to my expectations. I was told by the inquiry officer to apologize in writing for he was not guilty and I was blaming an innocent man. I was stunned, but with moments passing by I did realize that money can but just anything and anyone. To save myself I did all that I was told but I was not able to save my respect in the end. After the apology what followed was a demand, a demand to strip myself of the honour I was trying to protect. If I were to deny, I was asked to leave the very next day. In front of me stood a choice of giving up my fight and surrender to a Man's pride and lust to keep moving on or leave and prove myself wrong in front of all those who awaited my downfall.

I chose to give up myself and keep that job because there could be nothing more disappointing then leaving defeated. After that night of shame, the next day when I stepped in the office, I was called in his cabin. He asked me to submit my resignation immediately. I was shocked because I had done it all, all that he wanted me to do. This man was devil in flesh, he used me, disrespected me and now was asking me to still quite. When I objected and asked him to give me a valid reason, he told me that he has a video clip of my immoral act; in which I am found with the office boy to take his favour in providing a confidential file. I told him he was speaking utter rubbish and to my shock when the video clip was shown to me, he had edited his own face to be of the office boy's and also given money to that office boy to stand a witness against me. I was terribly wounded and depressed, had no option but to leave in silent pain of abuse.

It took a very long time to fight and win the battle of brokenness that haunted me each night and finally I got the flash your company had updated on a job portal and I applied, intact I even made it to meet you in person to seek an appointment."

After hearing her story I was stunned, I comforted her and asked her further "Rasika, tell me one more thing, tonight were you really ditched by the broker or you had it planned to spend this night at my house."

Rasika, "not really, I wanted to spend a night at your place because I wanted to find for myself what kind of a person you are."

Me, "Rasika, not a very smart move dear. Stepping into my domain to test me, any man can fall for a beauty like you and if you wanted to test my character then dose it make any sense that you choose to come and spend a night with me in this house of mine where I stay alone and can choose to do whatever I wish with you and no one would come to your rescue. Infact I even managed to successfully get you drunk to get to know all that I wanted to know about you."

She was amazed at this and begged me to pardon her foolishness and bring no harm to her, I was anyways feeling so sorry for what had happened to her. It was obvious that this terrible incident had left such an impact on her physiologically. Also what was obvious was that this women was talented but equally lacked smartness because to test my character she walked into my house, can relate it to a sheep walking into a lion's den, to test the lion's character, if he would eat her or not.