SEVEN

SEVEN; 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆!

SEVEN; 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I'M THE LUCKIEST man alive," Bobby mumbled to himself, although it felt like it was meant for Griffin. He stole a glance at Bobby's distracted face and indeed he was right. 

"Mhmm. And what am I in this equation?" Finn teased, brushing a knuckle across Bobby's bristly cheek. 

Finn loved his sun-kissed complexion, the softness of it, the suppleness of it, and how it was always warm. It never changed shade around his body that was without a blemish, standing as an example to his upbringing. 

Bobby frowned and laid his head over Finn's lap, pushing his laptop away. He'd hated that thing since day one. Also, Bobby was a massive attention-seeker when it came to Finn.

"There's no equation, mi vida. No one can equate me and you. You're always beyond comparison. I'm just another lucky fucker."

Finn laughed earnestly—and god, it felt so right. He was the right person to laugh like this with. "What's with you? Did you do something stupid or do you want something stupid?"

"I did do something stupid. I fell so goddamn hard, right on my face... for you."

"Jesus Christ, Bobby." Finn was now in hysterics. "Can I have a hit of what you took?"

There it was: the signature, dimple-creasing Roberto Da Costa smirk. "Sure. C'mere, give me a kiss."

Finn playfully smacked a hand over Bobby's puckered lips. "Oh—wow. You're such a dork, B."

In such instances, Griffin couldn't help but feel the world fade away. It's become such a hackneyed phrase now, but he knew the surreal implications of what it truly meant. Like right now, the world outside his dorm room had fallen away, purging them of judgement, of the hardships, the burgeoning violence. And before, there was no escape from any of it. He knew the extent of the brutality the world could inflict on people like him, and he'd progressed far from the incongruous life he had to toil past. 

When he saw Bobby, Griffin didn't think about Clara or what her future was going to be like. He didn't torment himself over if his little sister was: getting by the day harmlessly; looking left and right before a crossing; eating healthy, on time, enough; making friends; just generally happy

He knew the pain of being a skint teenager and the angst that came with the onset of high school—he's experienced what he formulated was a version of it—but Clara never whined about taking the strain. She followed the rules, she kept to herself, understood that life for her was just taking what she could get.