NINETEEN

NINETEEN; 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕!

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"IT COULD'VE BEEN anyone," Shaun theorized, taking a brief drag from the Juul that Bobby drew out. Finn knew Shaun wasn't a smoker (or a vaper), and despite the bewildering feeling that rigidly dislodged into his throat, he reached up to steal the device from Shaun. 

"Everyone knows everyone's final projects. Our viva was over last week, and examiner markings were over a long time ago," he continued, shaking his head. "Who's desperate enough to steal it now? Also, who else besides Fisher knew the access code to the vault?"

Finn was starting to rethink bringing Shaun into this situation. He'd already got so much on his plate, and Finn's bootlegging incident was only adding to the pile. 

Bobby, still infuriated, continuously paced the breadth of the drafty dorm room. He listened on with a sharp nod. "A student didn't do it."

"Slipped in and out without anyone knowing though," Shaun mentioned alternately. 

"But I've never crossed anyone in my batch," Finn managed to grimly state. "Not as far as I can remember. I don't have the liberty to fuck with any of them."

"Exactly," Bobby acknowledged. Shaun plopped down beside Finn with a defeated sigh. "A student couldn't have done it. Exploited, yes. And no one could've done this alone. It's some fucker off-premises."

"What's your hunch?" Shaun asked. 

"One too many." Bobby leaned into a nearby wall, rubbing a few fingers into his eyes. Bobby hid the stress in his voice well, but Finn could hear it. "First, I need to take care of the police. They'll find out the fire was a diversion and before we know it, the story is all over the news."

"Riri and I can review the security footage. At least we know where to start," Shaun enabled, supremely convinced in his computer skills. Which was why he was top of his class last semester. 

"We need to find Professor Fisher first," Finn put forward instinctively.

"You need to steer clear of this," Bobby snapped, his eyes fiercely cold. "Especially when the people who did this are still at large. Who knows what else they have on their agenda?"

He futilely attempted to protest. "But—"

"I think Bobby's right," Shaun interrupted. He glanced at Finn with a coaxing expression. "We still have no clue what's going on, bro. It could be bigger than just some theft." 

Finn gasped, knowing what was coming next. "You think someone's going to administer it?"

"They got their hands on the serum, it could take a toll. Black markets, infections, the like."