My 2nd Half

Salt Lake City, Utah
June 15th, 2021

Y/Ns POV

Benny had been blowing up my phone all night. I didn't expect any of that from him, I thought he loved me.

The betrayal I felt when he tried to turn everything on me. Saying my situation was the reason why I think of him in that way.

My thoughts were interrupted by Laila. "Y/n?" She said slowly opening the door. I quickly turned my head towards the door. "Yes?"

"Are you and Benny okay?" She walked over to me.
"Yeah," I staggered "yeah, everything is fine."
"It didn't seem like it when we left," I put my arm out and she laid on it. I wrapped it around her.

"Trust me Laila, everything is okay," I rubbed her arm. "If you say so," she walked over to her bed and laid down.

I grabbed my phone and texted Alex.

𝗺𝘆 𝟮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗳

Me: "Could you come here, please?"

𝗺𝘆 𝟮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗳: sure.

A few seconds later he arrived. "Did you need anything?" He asked standing in the door. I stood up and walked to him. "What do yo-" I hugged him before he finished.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, it was wrong of me." He stood in shock until he wrapped his arms around me. "It's okay, i know what happened. I heard everything."

The next morning I woke up with Alex laying down at the bottom of my bed. I picked my phone up and went to the restroom.

I saw multiple texts under the name "Benjamin". I still couldn't comprehend why he did it. He told me he loved m-

"Y/n!!" Someone banged on the restroom door. "Get out here right now!!" I identified the voice as my dad.

I wish I was still with Benny.

Laila begged me to bring her somewhere today so I decided to. I didn't want her sitting in the house lonely because of my problems so we went to the diner near Vincent's.

"I can't wait to go! I wonder what they have to eat here!" She exclaimed. "Well we're almost there so you'll find out soon," I told her.

As we continued walking I talked with Laila not paying attention to what was in front of me. "Y/n," Alex tapped my shoulder "Y/n, I think we should leave."

"What? Why? We just got he-" I froze as I looked up at the figure in front of me. Of course it was Benny and the boys.

"Hey y/n! Why didn't you show up this morning?" Scotty asked. "Oh, um," I tried thinking of a lie, "I overslept and didn't feel like playing, I'm kinda sore you know."

"Ohhh," all the boys except Benny said. "Well we're gonna go now, see you tomorrow!" Squints said as they walked past us.

We started walking again. I walked in silence. "Are you ok?" Alex said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Huh? Oh, yeah I'm ok," I said coming back from zoning out.

"You know I'm here if you ever wanna talk," Alex stopped me from walking. "Yeah, I know." He then pulled me into a hug which Laila joined in on.