Pretty Boy

Salt Lake City, Utah
June 25th, 2021

Y/ns pov

Benny finally told me what was going on with the phone situation more than a week ago but we haven't talked since.

The boys said he hasn't been at the lot since then, which shocked me sense he loves baseball.

I understand that he is protective over me but I need to know why. I decided that I was gonna go over to his house today.

I left my siblings at home cause my dad hadn't came back in a very long time.

I walked to his house, took a deep breathe once I arrived and knocked on the door.

It took a few knocks til I finally got an answer.

Benny opened it and I gave him a small smile until it faded once I examined his condition. He didn't even look like himself.

"Benny? Ar- are you okay?" I asked him. He just stared at me. He didn't move. He was frozen.

"Benny? Benny?" I waved my hands in his face, "Benjamin!" I finally got a response but it wasn't one that I wanted.

He closed the door.

He closed the door in my face. I was scared and confused. I began banging on the door.

"Benny!" I pounded on the door, "open the door!" I kept banging on the door but got no answer.

I finally stopped and tears began rolling down my face. I turned around and slid my back down the door.

"Benny," I wiped a tear and sniffled. "I miss you. I don't know what's wrong but I wish I did. Whenever you're ready to talk, you know where I live."

I started getting up and walking down the steps until I heard the door open.

I turned around to see Benny standing in the doorway glancing at me. A single tear rolled down his cheek.

"Jai. I missed you too. I shouldn't have left you alone. I've just been going through stuff."

"Do you need to talk?"

"No, I don't wanna push anything on you."

"I promise that whenever you're ready to talk, I'm here."

I put my arms out and he did the same. We gave each other a hug. I didn't smell his scent, something was definitely wrong.

"Benny. You don't even smell like yourself. When did you last take a shower?" I broke the hug.

"I think like last weekend. I haven't been paying attention to the days."

My eyes widened at the answer. I examined his clothes. He had on a stained wife beater with his boxers.

"Come on," I pushed past him into the house and grabbed his arm. "I'm gonna make you feel like yourself again."

We walked to his room. "Stay here, I'm gonna get your shower started." I walked to the restroom and started the shower.

I grabbed his towels and placed them to the side. I walked back into his room and saw him sitting on the edge of the bed while looking out the window.

I sat on the floor to search for clean clothes in his drawers. "Benny go ahead and get in the shower, I'll set your clothes outside the door."