Chapter two-Coming Home

I was in the back of Liz and Andrew's car.

"I think you will love the place Rylen! We just bought a bigger place a few months ago. Our youngest son Luke needed a place for band practice when he is on break from tour. Oh let me get to that! Luke is in a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer. He just got back from tour so he will be with us for about 5 months!"

"Liz, honey calm down give Rylen a moment to take this stuff in."

"Sorry love, to fast?"

"No I am a pretty fast thinker. I got it all."

"I will continue when we get inside."

I looked out the window to this nice house. It was big in my opinion I mean I have lived in a house for orphans all my life. I grabbed my stuff and followed my new parents to the door. Andrew started to speak while unlocking the door.

"Jack and Ben our other sons, moved out when we moved so only Luke is home."

The door opened and I followed awkwardly behind. A tall boy looked at me from the stairway.

"Luke honey this is Rylen."

"Hello."

He smiled at me dimples starting to show. He was pretty hot but I am not gonna go get a crush on my new brother.

"Hi Luke, nice shirt by the way."

"Thanks, you like blink-182?"

"Yeah a few of their songs."

He nodded and walked down a few steps taking a turn into another hallway.

"Rylen would you like anything to eat dear."

"No, but thanks for the offer Liz."

"Anytime sweetie, by the way you can call me mum anytime you are ready."

"And me dad."

"Thanks guys its honestly means a lot. Especially adopting me and taking me in."

"Your welcome honey. May I?"

Liz had outstretched her arms for a hug. I ran into her arms hoping I didn't smell like cigarettes. It was a moment until Luke cleared his throat.

"Rylen you uh..." He scratched the back of his neck. "Want me to show you around."
I just nodded back. He grabbed my hand pulling me into the hallway.

"This is the toilet and shower and down the hall is the laundry room. Then you take a left here..." He tugged me into another bigger room. "This is the cinema and if you go to the back there is a door that leads to the kitchen. Now this way so I can take you up the stairs." His grip on my hand only seemed to tighten. I walked up a flight of stair with Luke into a two way hallway.
"So you take a right and mum and dad's room and offices are that way. You go this way and there are 4 rooms and a toilet. Mum gave you a room with your own toilet bath and shower lucky you."
He laughed. "A guest room is the first door, second door is the band room, third is mine and your's is this one." He opened the door to a room with white walls a king sized bed (wink wink song reference right there sorry continue) and a good sized closet.

"Hold on brb let me go get your stuff!"

"Okay don't hurt yourself."

He chuckled. "Alright"

Moments later he came back up with my two bags. They had clothes, the laptop I saved up for may I add, and a pack of cigarettes. I couldn't leave them back there otherwise it would cause trouble.

"I will let you unpack."

"Okay thanks Lukey."

He made a grumpy face.

"Don't call me that."

Luke shut the door and I just collapsed on the bed and drifted off to sleep.