I Wish Things Would Get Better

I walk back to my office, I'm noticeably angry and sad. Josiah sees me, looks like he started walking toward me but walked past me and into the break room. Looks like he read the room. Jackson on the other hand doesn’t. 

Jackson says interruptly, “Hey y/n, what's with the long face?! Did you do something bad again, you know I told you-”

“Jackson can you please shut the fuck up? Why cant you ever leave me alone!? Im so fucking tired of your shit.” Looks like I said this loud enough for the whole office to hear because now everyone is looking at me. God why me? I ran back to my desk. I can’t handle it anymore, I wish everyone wasn’t a piece of shit. I put my head down to try to muffle my crying. I hear footsteps approaching my cubicle. I say out loud, “Jackson please I really don't want to talk right now.” I feel a hand touch my back, I dont think it’s Jackson, but as a result of this I just cry more. I look to see who it is and I see Josiah bent down next to me. 

“Hey…it's okay” he says softly.

“I- just-” I stutter, I don't know what to say to him.

He wipes my tears, I feel his hand on the side of my face as he rubs off my tears with his dumb. I never felt this before, it's really nice to feel comforted. He stands up. “That Jackson guy is really a piece of shit,” he sounds more angry than me. I look up at him as a response. He's staring at where Jackson’s cubicle is.

“Thank you,” I say softly.

He looks down at me and smiles, “You don't worry about him okay? You let me know when he's bothering you.”

I stand up and meet his gaze. He's kinda, pretty? I hug him as a thank you. I feel his heart pumping faster (oh? I think to myself). I slightly push away, before he leaves he looks at me and says “let me know if you need anything.”  I look at him as he walks away. 

*TIME SKIP*

Before we leave the office building to go back home, he stopped me and asked for my number. I agreed.

As I walk away from the parking lot, he yells “hey where are you going?” 

“I'm going to the bus station,” I reply.

“I’ll drive you home, w- well can I give you a ride?”

“You’ve done too much for me today.”

“Please?” He sounded…desperate? 

“Oh okay sure then.” I walk to his car and enter the passenger seat. His car lingers of black ice air freshener and energy drinks. We were quiet most of the time with just me on my phone. He asks, “so..uh, you take the bus?”
“Yeah, I'm saving up for a car right now, I have just been so stressed lately, I can't really afford to get fired. That's why that whole incident happened at work…” I say emmbrassed. 

“I understand, to make things easier on you I can take you home everyday after work if you would be okay with it?” 

If you would be okay with it? Sounds like I'm doing him the favor. “Um, yeah that would mean a lot.” 

A few minutes pass until I see the building up ahead to my apartment building. I let him know and we pull aside. “Thank you Josiah,” I say with a smile. He looks down at the steering wheel and says, “y- yeah of course.” I get out of his car and watch him as he drives off. After his gone from my view I then enter my apartment complex.

My apartment isn’t too big, just one bathroom, a kitchen that combines with the living room, and my bedroom. It isn’t much but I’m happy with it. I sit on the couch for a while wondering if I should shoot him a friendly text. I hover over his contact. I type different versions of “hi” not sure in which way I should say it. I decided to just not text him, after all i’m such a nervous wreck.