💋 Kiss Under the Moonlight 🌙

The event continued for a few more hours, with guests either retiring to their rooms or exploring the grounds. As evening fell, Wei Ying was in his daughter's bedroom, playing cards with his children.

"A-dié, can we ask you a personal question?" Wei Delun suddenly asked, his curiosity evident.

"Mn. Sure, my little radishes. What is it?" Wei Ying responded warmly.

"Ahm...you know that we love you, right a-dié?" Wei Meixui added hesitantly.

"And I love you all, my little radishes," Wei Ying assured them.

"We love you too, a-dié," his children chorused.

"Who is our other father, a-dié?" Wei Biyu inquired.

Wei Ying froze, caught off guard by the question. What should he say? That their father betrayed and abandoned him? That their father was none other than the Second Master of the Gusu Lan Sect?

"Ahm, a-dié, if you don't want to tell us, it doesn't matter. We understand and we don't want to hurt you," Delun said, hugging his father. The other children joined in, enveloping him in a warm embrace.

Wei Ying knew this day would come, the day his children would start asking about their other father. But he wasn't ready to reveal the painful truth yet. He remembered the night of passion with Lan Wangji, a night where he allowed himself to feel the overflowing love and longing of five years, even if it was just one year for Lan Wangji. He had let go of all the hate and masked emotions, if only for that night. But despite the beauty of that moment, the betrayal still stung deeply, and he wasn't sure if he could ever trust Lan Wangji again.

After an hour of playing cards, his children decided to sleep. Wei Ying left the room quietly and walked toward the garden, seeking solace in the night air. He didn't notice the figure watching him with eyes full of regret.

 He didn't notice the figure watching him with eyes full of regret

Just imagine this during night time 😉

Lan Wangji P O V

After the celebration, I didn't go straight to my bedroom. Instead, I went for a walk and ended up in the garden, looking at the moon.

Wei Ying, will you ever forgive me? Will you let me love you again?

I can wait for you to trust me again. I can wait for you to love me again.

It's my fault, it's all my fault...

I stayed there, standing for who knows how long, until I sensed a presence approaching.

This is what Wei ying's wearing and this is how he looked Tonight

There he was, my Wei Ying, looking so ethereal in the moonlight. He was wearing white robes, something I hadn't seen him in for a long time. His beauty took my breath away.

There I was again tonight, thinking about you, and yet you showed up in front of me. Seeing you makes me breathless. Even if I keep ignoring you, you just keep coming back. You made me feel things I was afraid to acknowledge. And tonight, I realized that I was enchanted to meet you.

All I can say is, I was enchanted to meet you. This night is sparkling, don't you let it go. Give me another chance to prove my love to you. I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home. I'll spend forever wondering if you knew...I was enchanted to meet you.

I couldn't stop myself from moving closer. Before I knew it, I was kissing him, softly, tentatively.

Wei Ying's P O V

Nights like this are the ones I truly hate. No matter what I do, I always end up thinking about him. The more I think, the more I feel his betrayal, the more my heart breaks into pieces.

Why did I ever love you? Why did I ever bother you in the first place? Why did you make me feel loved and then throw me away so easily? Why am I still thinking and hurting? I told myself again and again to stop loving you, but my stubborn heart still longs for you. Why can't I stop these feelings? Why did you ever believe them instead of your soulmate? Or was I even your soulmate?

I breathed in deeply and closed my eyes, feeling the evening's coldness. A few moments later, I felt something soft on my lips. I opened my eyes to see Lan Wangji, his eyes shut, kissing me.

Can I let go just for tonight? Can I kiss you back?

I debated with myself, but I didn't push him away. His kisses turned gentle, and before I could think more, my lips made the decision for me. I kissed him back, pouring all my suppressed emotions into that kiss while we held each other under the moonlight.

When I pulled away, I was still in a daze. I had just kissed Lan Wangji back!

"Ahm...this...is...this is a mistake," I stammered before rushing back to my room, afraid of regretting it the next day.

Lan Wangji's POV

I watched Wei Ying leave, a small smile playing on my lips.

You did kiss me back, Wei Ying. I know you still have some feelings for me, and I'm willing to wait and prove myself to you.

With those thoughts, I returned to my room. That night, I had the best sleep I’d had in five years, comforted by the memory of our kiss and the hope of a future together.

Hi there my Beauties, tomorrow I won't be updating as I will be traveling with my son to the province so I will update the next day. Hope all is well and safe take care xoxo 😘❤️❣️ - Original Note
Jan 18 2022

Rewritten and Revised Version
July 20 2024