Regrets

Gusu Lan Sect

It had been a year since the Gusu Lan Sect banished Wei Ying. The juniors—Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, and Ouyang Zizhen—remained cold and distant towards their families, speaking only when necessary. They only acted like themselves when with Jin Ling, reminiscing about their time with their senior Wei.

Currently, the juniors had gone out for a night hunt to stay away from their families. Lan Zhan was trying desperately to explain to Sizhui that Wei Ying was a vile, treacherous man, but the juniors refused to listen.

 Lan Zhan was trying desperately to explain to Sizhui that Wei Ying was a vile, treacherous man, but the juniors refused to listen

**Lan Sizhui's thoughts:** 
*I wish Xian Gege were here with me. I miss Xian Gege. I remember everything now. I remember Qing-Jie, Wen-Gege, Granny Wen, Grandpa Fourth, and all the Wens. I remember them all.*

**Lan Jingyi's thoughts:** 
*I wish that Senior Wei was with us, guiding us and making fun with us. I still haven't forgiven Wei Wuxian, but he protected me from harm. I only hope I can still say to him... I'm sorry and thank you.*

**Ouyang Zizhen's thoughts:** 
*I miss Senior Wei. He was so good to us, treating us like his own children. Not even my father treats me like he did. I wish and hope to see Senior Wei again.*

During these past months, Lan Wangji was heartbroken, believing he had fallen in love with a monster. He threw out and burned all the belongings he had of Wei Ying, including the first drawing of him, the flower from Phoenix Mountain, and the first note Wei Ying gave him. Jiang Cheng had also told Lan Xichen about Wei Ying's golden core transfer, which seemed like a lie.

Everyone in the Gusu Lan Sect and those who knew about Lan Wangji taking thirty-three beatings pitied him and hated Wei Wuxian. Jin Guangyao offered a woman from the Jin Sect, and everyone thought it was for the best, believing the second Jade would finally have the life he deserved.

Lan Xichen kept receiving mysterious notes about what happened to Chifeng Zun's corpse but ignored them. One day, while inspecting a tear in his robe, he found a couple of talismans sewn so well that they were almost invisible. He told Lan Wangji and their uncle about it. Initially, they thought Wei Wuxian was responsible, but it was impossible since Wei Wuxian had never been near their borders, which were protected by a barrier.

"Can both of you lend me your robes for inspection?" Lan Xichen asked.

"Mn," they both responded, handing over their outer robes.

Lan Xichen inspected the robes in front of them, revealing hidden talismans sewn into each. Lan Qiren ordered all Gusu Lan Sect members to inspect their robes and keep the discovery confidential. In the following days, disciples found numerous talismans in their inner and outer robes, shocked and clueless about how they got there.

"I wish Senior Wei were here to help us," Jingyi suddenly said.

"If Senior Wei were here, we might have an idea who is behind this," Sizhui added, looking at Jingyi with a sad face.

The adults pretended not to hear the juniors' comments and continued their investigation. One day, a delivery of new robes from the Lanling Jin Sect arrived.

"Chief Cultivator Jin Guangyao hopes you will all enjoy his gifts, as you have been generous and kind towards him," the servant announced.

"Ah... a gift from A-Yao," Lan Xichen said, opening a box to reveal magnificent robes.

They hurriedly searched each garment and found many talismans.

"I can't believe Chief Cultivator Jin Guangyao is behind this. Have you found out what they are used for?" Lan Qiren asked.

"Yes, these talismans alter the wearer's memory, creating illusions in their mind. They were supposed to make you think of a person positively but now make you think of all the negative things about them. Wei Wuxian's name was written on the talismans," Lan Xichen explained.

Lan Qiren looked shocked, while Lan Wangji was overwhelmed with emotions. All three bowed their heads, realizing how horribly they had treated Wei Ying.

"Xiongzhang..."

"I know, Wangji... we have to find out..."

"I need to find Wei Ying..."

Lan Wangji felt a storm of emotions inside him. He had hurt Wei Ying again, turned his back on him for the second time, and abandoned him. He waited for 13 long years only to betray him again. He remembered all the hurtful things he had said. Lan Wangji cried, his heart breaking all over again. It was his fault. He didn't trust Wei Ying completely.

*Wei Ying, I'm sorry. Please... please come back to me.*

*Wei Ying, I need you...*

*Please come back...*

*I love you...*

*And I'm so sorry...*

*Please come back to me... I need you... Wei Ying...*

*Wei Ying... Wei Ying...*

*I miss you...*

*Please... come... back... I need you... Wei Ying...*

Rewritten and Revised Version
July 19 2024