Her Kingdom Come: Zero Eclipse

"Let's put this all together. Basically, Rod Reiss was after the Founding Titan, the Titan power inside Eren. However, unless it's in someone with Reiss blood, you won't get its true potential. Though, even if a Reiss obtains the Founding Titan's power, they're controlled by the First King's will and refuse to liberate humanity from the Titans. Well, isn't that interesting."

Interesting indeed. Hearing Eren and Historia spill the details on what they've learned from Reiss, it makes sense why Reiss and the former government would want to keep this power secret. It seems Eren can't tap into it anymore due to being unable to control Reiss' Titan earlier. It makes me question whether or not Reiner and Bertholdt know about this power. Since Grisha Jaeger knew, he had to know about it from somewhere.

"According to the First King, this is true peace? Now that's a weird way to look at it."

"In other words," Eren says, "we still have an option. If that Titan eats me, Rod Reiss will return to a human. Which means it's still possible to have a true Founding Titan."

"You can't…"

"Seems that way," Levi interrupts Mikasa. "We could capture Rod Reiss once he becomes a human. Undo the First King's brainwashing. If we could do that, it might open a path to save humanity. Plus, Eren… Are you saying you're fully prepared to let that happen?"

Eren turns to Levi and with a soft voice says, "I am."

Our reactions varied, mine simply being a frown. Riding beside me is Mikasa, and as usual, she's against it. "Eren, you can't…"

"You're forgetting our other option," Historia states. "First of all, the current plan is full of flaws. One, there's no proof that you can undo Rod Reiss' brainwashing. No matter how you restrain him, if he alters humanity's memories, it's over. Basically, there are too many factors about the Founding Titan that we just don't know."

"True," Armin concurs. "Even if Rod Reiss eats Eren, we have no guarantee that he'll return to normal."

"Mmm. On the other hand, all we've ever known is destructive pacifists. But as it stands, the Founding Titan was taken from them. This is a once in a lifetime chance for humanity." She turns to Eren. "Yes, your father was trying to save us and humanity from the First King. He stole the Founding Titan from my sister, murdered all of the Reiss children because he had no other choice."

Eren slowly grabs his head. "Dad…"

"That's right! The Dr. Jaeger I know wouldn't do something like that for no reason at all."

"Right. Even without having Reiss blood, there must be a way to save humanity. That's why he left you the key to the basement."

"What basement?" Sasha inquires. "Oh, that whole thing? You mean it's actually important?"

"Uh, yeah," Conny answers.

"We've finally got a way to plug up the wall," Jean says. "The way I see it, there's only one choice."

"The elimination of Reiss," I say softly, to not offend Historia.

"That makes life a little easier," Levi comments.

"If it means anything, I agree with that choice. Though, are you sure about this, Historia? We can't exactly have a Titan like that wandering around inside the walls. One that big, we can't restrain. Meaning… We'll have to kill your father and there's no way around it."