Chapter 1

PLEASE READ THE INTRO BEFORE. THE STORY WILL MAKE A LOT MORE SENSE.

So anyways enjoy this disaster of a story.
_________________________________________

It's 2 AM and I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I check who's calling and it's Zayn. I know what he's going to say- he's drunk, high, or falling apart and needs somebody to talk to- and I'll always be there for him. I can see the pain he's going through and how hard of a time he is having.

I'm trying to help him. Zayn is so desperately in need of fixing. He is still the same Zayn, just older and needs to stop with the drinking, smoking, and occasional drugs. He has lost himself and he's stressed out. Perrie and Zayn have been having some issues too, I've never really liked her but I'm still nice to her. I don't think she really cares about how Zayn feels, she just tells him what she thinks is best when he talks to her about anything. She also doesn't want to let him go. She's in whatever version of love she thinks this is.

I pick up the phone.

"Hi Zayn."

"Naya, h-hi. I'm sorry, I just, can you talk, can I come over?"

"Yeah just, are you drunk?" I ask.

"To be honest I'm not sure. Because I'm always stressed out, drunk, or unhappy that now they all seem to feel the same."

"Zayn I know it's hard but you've got to stop."

"Please help me." He sniffled

"I'm trying." I whisper back.

"Nobody knows me like you do or knows what I'm going through, not even Perrie. And I've only known you for two years."

"Where are you, Zayn?" I ask.

"Some bar, in disguise." He explains.

I sigh into the phone "You've gotta stop."

"I know, I know. Just please. Can I come over?" he sniffled again.

"Text me the address and I'll come get you. The last thing I need is you dead." I shiver at the thought.

"I didn't even drive here. My driver dropped me off a block away."

"Okay well I'm going to come get you. Bye Zayn."

"Thanks Nay, for everything." He whispered.

I left my penthouse and on the elevator ride down I tried to think of when it all went wrong. And I realize now that there wasn't a point when it all went downhill. Zayn just gradually went down and nobody noticed, and I barely did.

I wonder where he'd even be if I hadn't.

I decided to take my black Range Rover because it was the car that would attract the least amount of attention compared to the other two. When I arrived he was sitting on a bench out front slouched over. When he saw me pull in he immediately got up and walked over.

As soon as he got in the car I wrapped my arms around him and he held me tight, as if he were afraid I'd give up on him and disappear.

"It'll get better, I promise." I whisper.

. . . . . .

When we get back he wraps his arms around me again and I wrap my arm around his neck, standing on the tips of my toes. He lifted me a few inches off the ground them set me back down.

We walked upstairs to my room and I asked him if he wanted to watch a movie. He had said yes so I decided to put on something funny to lighten the mood. I knew we wouldn't really be watching it, just sitting in silence so at least it'll be background noise.