Part 8

"Aight, I'ma set you up here. You cool?" Drew said.

"Yeah, I'm aight." I replied.

By the end of the day, I made $200 sellin coke. I ain't really wanna get involved in this life anymore but shit was gettin serious.

I walked in the crib and the smell of good foods ran through my nostrils. Meechi was coming home today. Since my father wasn't here, I figured he went to go pick her up.

"Wassup ma?" I said to my mom, kissing her cheek. "This smellin right."

"Well you know Meech is coming home today." My mom was so happy. She did this last time Meech was in the hospital for a long time.

I walked to the fridge to get a soda and dropped to the couch. I dozed off.

"Keyshia, stay. I'm sorry." I said.

She was going in and out the house, getting more bags.

"No Kij." She said dropping her bags. "You aren't the same anymore. Like what the fuck is up? What happened to leaving the streets and us leaving New York for good? You runnin around with these fast girls, but just remember you can't turn a hoe into a housewife. I'm going to San Diego, with or without you." She picked up her bags and left.

I ran after her outside.

I grabbed her tightly in my arms. "Please don't leave me, Key. Please." A single tear dropped on her bare shoulder.

She picked my head up with both hands, kissed my forehead. "Bye Malekij. I love you."

I watched her as she closed the car door. Then turned around and double-checked our son's seatbelt.

I jumped up when I heard the door slam. That dream made me miss Keyshia even more. Since I got involved in the dope game, I started to avoid her. I didn't want her gettin caught up in my mess. But damn I really miss her.

"What's wrong Malekij?" Meechi asked.

"Nothin. How you feelin?" I said standing up to hug my sister.

"I'm just happy I'm finally home." She said with a cheesy smile.

KEYSHIA'S POV

I laid in my bed with my headphones in. That's all I ever do, now that I think about it. I missed Malekij.

I really feel like he's been avoiding me, which hurts even more. I mean if you don't want me anymore, lemme know, don't have me standing here looking dumb waiting for you. I bet it was that bitch Eva fucking with him.

I looked at my phone. No new messages. I threw at the ground.

"Something wrong Key?" Faith stood by my door way.

I took out one of my headphones.

"No." I answered and turned around to my side.

Faith sat on my bed. "Well I haven't heard about Malekij or seen him around, is it him? You haven't seemed yourself lately. Wassup Key?"

I ignored her but not purposely. Malekij was the only think I could pay attention to.

"KEY, TALK TO ME!" Faith shouted, shaking me.

"Yeah." I answered.

I sat up. "Well you know everything was going good, right? And he randomly starts ignoring me. It makes no sense. And it really bothers me because I like him, a lot." I looked at Faith, waiting for a response.

"Key, did you talk to him about it? Maybe something's up? You never know." She finally spoke up.

"Well maybe he should inform me instead of making me look dumb waiting for a text or call."