Part 15

AUGUST 2nd

Shay's Pov

"Antonio Christopher Harvey, are you ready to go see your daddy?" I tickled my baby boy while packin.

I'm going back to Brooklyn so Antonio can meet his father. Hezekiah wouldn't stop asking me since he was born.

"Aunt V, are you driving us to the airport or do you want me to call a cab?"

"I can do it since you're leaving for a month, baby."

Aunt Vivian and I got close over the months. Not that close but we got a strong relationship.

"Hey gramma, I'm calling just to remind you that Antonio and I are in a cab right now on our way to your house. Seen you soon. love you!" It was 4 in the afternoon, I don't why she didn't pick up.

The cab pulled up to the house and I got Antonio out and the driver got my bags for me. I knocked on the door but there was no answer.

'What the hell is going on?' I thought walking to the back of the house.

"Surprise!!" everyone screamed when I opened the gate. My heart started to race.

It went back to normal beating while everyone started coming up to me.

"Where my babies been?" I turned around to see Hezekiah and my heart stopped and started to beat fast again. I walked over to him and he grabbed Antonio with his arm and hugged me tight with the other.

"I missed you so much. oh my god." Keyshia hugged me. "So did you meet anyone over there? she asked when we all sat the table. I looked at Hezekiah to see him already staring at me.

"Nah." I replied. "How are you two?" I looked at Keyshia and Malekij.

"So good."

"Oh let me go put him in the house." I looked over to Antonio sleeping on Hezekiah. He didn't even fuss or fight the whole time.

"No no, I got it. I want to do it." Hezekiah got up.

I smiled. "Okay, let me get the stuff from the front."

My grandparents already had a crib and everything set up in my old room.

"I really missed you, Shay." Hezekiah said while putting Antonio down.

"I know, I missed you too, Hezekiah." I replied turning around to his body against mine. I backed up.

"How's Tania and the baby?" I asked, changing the subject.

"She's good. She's expecting the baby any day now." He looked at the ground.

"We're."

"What?"

"We're expecting the baby any day now. It's your baby, too, Hezekiah." I told him.

"Yeah I wish I could've said that with Antonio and been there for the birth." Hezekiah shot back.

"Don't start."

"I'm not. I'm just saying."

"And I'm sorry. Just like I've been saying these past months!"

"Stop screaming. He's sleeping." Hezekiah demanded.

I walked into the living room and Hezekiah followed.

"Look Hezekiah, I'm sorry. You know I am." I sat on the couch.

"Yeah, I know you are. I'm sorry I keep bringing that up. I'm just happy you two are here now."

"So am I. Now let's get back out there before they suspect something. Did you set up the walkie talkie thing?"

"Maybe there could be something to suspect." Hezekiah smirked and leaned over to me.

"You need to quit." I laughed and got up. "Did you set u--"

"Yeah yeah, I set up the walkie talkie thing." He cut off.

I kissed him on his cheek and dragged him outside.

It was 11pm and people were starting to leave. By the time it was 12am, it was just me, Hezekiah, Keyshia, and Malekij.

"Why don't you just stay for your senior year, Shay?" Keyshia asked and it was not the first time nor will it be the last.

"It's complicated."

"No, it's not." Hezekiah joined in.

I shook my head. "I'll think about it."

"It's getting late. We're gonna head home. I'll see you tomorrow." Keyshia kissed my cheek and left with Malekij.

"Alright, I'll see you."

"Wanna come inside?" I asked Hezekiah.

"You ain't got none in a long time, huh? You miss this?" Hezekiah smirked and picked me up.

"You wish. I know you missed all this, though." I looked down on him.

He started to kiss my neck. "I did."

I put my head back. "Stop."

"C'mon Hezekiah, I can't."

"Alright. It's okay but I know you gonna want it sooner or later. Lemme go say goodnight to Antonio."

Keyshia's POV

"It's getting late. We're gonna head home. I'll see you tomorrow." I kissed Shay's cheek and left with Malekij.

"Who was that?" I asked Malekij, putting on my seat belt.

"Who was who?"

"Texting and calling your phone all night."

"I don't know. That same number been playing on my phone all week."

I know this nigga lying through his teeth.

"Let me call it back to see wassup."

"Nah. It ain't important."

I just shook my head and ain't say a word.

"You wanna come inside?" I asked while pulling up by my new crib.

I seen that trick next door peeking through the window like she always does so I tongued Malekij down in front of her. I know she want him.

"Nah. I can't tonight." He replied.

"Alright." I wasn't even gonna pout. I just got out the car and went straight inside.

I've been spending most of my time with Shay these past few days.

"Shay, what you doing for your birthday?" I asked her.

"I'm gonna be back in Compton by September 20th."

"Just stay for September too! You know we gotta spend your birthday together." I pleaded. We spent most of our birthdays together, almost all of them. "And with my cute little godson." I added, pinching Antonio's cheeks.

"I'll see Key, I'll see."

We sat in silence for a while.

"I think Malekij is cheating on me."

"What?" Shay focused all her attention on me.

"I think Malekij is cheating on me." I repeated.

"I heard you but what makes you say that?"

"He ignores phone calls in front of me. I know he's not home at night because I do call his house! He never even wants to come over when my parents ain't home anymore. I don't know Shay, but if he is, that's his life and that bitch's." I shook my head, mad as fuck talking out loud about it.

"All I can say is don't assume, Key. If you really think ssomething's up, sit him down and TALK. Please."