Part 2

August 18

A week until school. SUMMER PARTY. *On the phone* "Shay, we at this party tonight?" "Most definitely, baby girl. I'ma walk over there to get ready. Hezekiah got the whip, we rollin over there" "Aight girl, your ass better start walkin!".

Shay needa hurry up, my hair needa get done. *Knock at the door* "That must be her" I thought. "Oh hey, Hezekiah. I thought you were Shay." "She still ain't here?" "Nope and she needa do my hair!"

*Another knock at the door* "This better be Shay!" I said to Hezekiah. "Hey girlll" "Girl shut up and come do my hair".

My hair was naturally curly, a lot of curls. I threw on a mini, one shoulder, black dress to match my dark hair and light skin. I was more pale than other lighskinned girls. My eyes are light grey. I looked just like a picture I had of my mommy. I got my phat booty from my momma.. Well that's what my grandmother used to say.

Shay had long curly hair. She had a blue and black romper on. Her skin was a little darker than mine. Her eyes are big and brown. Shay has a tattoo on the front of her shoulder, that read "lost". When Shay was two years old, her mom left her with her grandparents and never came back. She never met her father.

Hezekiah is dark-skinned. His eyes are just brown. He wasn't big or scrawny. He cleaned up nice though. He was wearing a white button up shirt with a white tee underneath, along with tan cargos and low top air forces. He had a small afro. Tattoos on his forearm. He always wears a gold chain his father gave him before he got locked up. Hezekiah was a good guy though. He respected Shay.

"Y'all ready to leave?" I asked. "I'll get the car started" said Hezekiah. While Hezekiah was getting the car started, me and Shay stayed in the house. She had to tell me something. "Keisha, I'm late" "Whatchu mean you late?" I asked. "I mean, I'm late as I'm late late!" "Girl, don't play with me". "C'MON Y'ALL" Hezekiah shouted. "You still wanna go to this party?" I asked. "Yeah, let's go.. I'll just spend the night after".

Before I left, I left a note for my dad and Faith, they went out to eat somewhere. "I'm out with Shay and Hezekiah, be back before 1am. Don't wait up... P.s. Shay's staying the night".

"Let's bounce". Me and Shay left the house. I sat in the back and Shay sat up front with Hezekiah in his mom's all black Lexus. His mom's a doctor in Kings Country Hospital. I liked Ms. Harvey.