Part 11

HEZEKIAH'S POV

I wanna know why Shay ignoring me if she carrying my baby? This shit ain't makin no sense. She ain't makin no sense. But when did she ever....

"Please leave your message after the tone *beep* - can you please just pick up once? This is my baby too! I love you, Shay." I hung up.

"Hezekiah, can you help me get some of the stuff out the car?" Tania asked me with bags in her hands.

"What the fuck you got in here?" I asked picking up the heavy bags.

"Food, supplies, needs!" She replied.

"Needs? What needs?" I asked walking back to the car to get more bags.

.. Til I seen Shay standing on the sidewalk.

I stared at her tryna see if it was real life. I put the bags down and went to her.

"Wassup Shay? Where you been? I ain't been seein you around." I said putting my hands in my pockets.

"I've been busy." She replied.

"Too busy to answer my a million calls?" I asked.

"Yeah, kinda." She replied looking down.

This wasn't gonna end good, I knew it wasn't just by the tone of the conversation.

"Well how you doin? How's the baby?" I asked lookin in her eyes.

"Good, the baby's good. How's Tina?" She asked.

I knew she fucked up her name on purpose.

"Tania's good." I replied.

"How about you?" She asked.

"I'm holdin on." I answered. "You wanna come inside?" I asked.

"No.. I ain't come here to talk. I came to tell you something and leave it as that." She said walking to my porch.

"Wassup?" I sat on a chair, curious to know.

"I'm moving." Shay said.

When she said those two words, I felt my heart break. Shay couldn't leave me. She couldn't. Not being able to see her would ruin me. Thinking about it made me ache.

"Moving where?" I asked her.

"Crenshaw..." She replied. "With some aunt and uncle I got over there, I guess."

"Crenshaw, California? You can't leave Shay. Why do you gotta go?!" I grabbed her hand.

"To raise my baby. My grandparents want me to raise it somewhere other than Brooklyn." She replied.

"What? Crenshaw more worse than here. Shay, that's OUR baby. How you just gonn leave me with OUR baby?!" I shouted.

"You can't take care of two at the same time.... I gotta go finish packing." Shay started to get up.

I grabbed her hand. "When are you leaving?" I looked face to face with her.

"Sunday." She replied. "Bye Hezekiah." She kissed me on my cheek.

I stood up and watched her walk away. I watched her walk away and there was nothing I could do about it.

I laid in bed thinking about what happened earlier. I couldn't figure out how I felt about anything anymore.

"Hezekiah..." My mom said peaking into my room. "You okay?"

I just looked at her.

"Tania overheard what happened today." She said. I didn't reply. I just laid there, staring at the ceiling. "You know God has a plan for everything, remember that." She started to walk out.