Part 12

KEYSHIA'S POV

I haven't spoken to Malekij since that incident with his father. He's been ignoring my calls and all. He didn't come by either. Shaking my head. It's 7pm and I'm sitting here on Halloween watching Michael Myers movies and handing out candy.

Faith and my dad went outta town for the weekend. Lucky them. Shay was too busy packing. Times like these I wish I had siblings or relatives!

There goes that doorbell again. At least 100 kids been at my door the past hour.

"Happy Halloween! You guys are so cute!" I said handing out candy.

"Thanks sweetthang. You ain't so bad yourself." Some little boy dressed as a pimp said.

"Uh oh, a player forreal." I gigged.

"Yeah, I taught him well." Malekij appeared outta no where.

I stood there and just looked at him.

"This is my little cousin from Virginia." Malekij continued.

I bent down to Malekij's little cousin. "What's your name cutie?" I asked.

"Rodney but you can call me baby." The little boy winked at me.

I laughed. "That's real cute, baby."

"You mind if I stop by in an hour?" Malekij asked.

"Nah." I said.

"Alright, I'll be back. Be awake." Malekij said walking away.

I continued watching movies and handing out candy. I started to doze off. It was 8:30 but I was too tired.

Then there was a knock at the door.

"You're kinda late. I was just falling asleep." I said opening the door.

"Sorry. I had to bring Rodney back to the house." Malekij replied.

"It's cool. You want somethin to drink?" I asked walking into the kitchen.

"You got koolaid?" He asked.

"Lucky for you." I replied giving him his drink.

We sat quietly, watching tv and didn't say a word to eachother.

I stared at Malekij til he noticed. "Wanna tell me wassup?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Nothing." He replied looking back at the tv.

"Wow, I love the communication." I muttered.

Malekij looked at me. "You don't gotta know everything." He replied.

"My bad. I thought couples actually communicate and talk about things." I said with a little bit of attitude.

"What's there to talk about, Keyshia?" Malekij asked standing up.

"Woah. I don't need you getting loud with me." I said standing up also.

"Then stop pressuring me!" Malekij screamed at me.

"I'm sorry." I said sitting back down with my feelings hurt.

Malekij sat back down too. I sat of the opposite side of the couch.

"I'm sorry, Key. My life is just a big mess right now." He said looking at me. "Meechi's getting worse, my pops ain't talkin to me, I'm tryna keep a good relationship with you, and now that my mom knows what's going on, it's awkward with us." He continued. "Plus she wants to move back to Virginia."

"I'm sorry for the pressure I'm putting on you, Malekij. I didn't look at it on your point of view." I said.

"It's cool. Just come here, baby." Malekij said in a deep, funny voice.

I leaped over and laid in his lap. He gave me pecks over and over.

"Are you staying the night?" I asked.

"If it's cool with ya folks. I ain't really tryna go home anyways." Malekij replied.

"They're gone for the weekend so sleepovvaaa!" I said jumping all over Malekij. "Can you lock the door and come upstairs?" I said walking up the stairs.

"Yeah babe."

I ran up the stairs and into my parent's room to get some rose pedals then from the top of the staircase to the main bathroom rose pedals followed.

"Um Malekij?! Can you go to the pool and get some towels I left back there?" I shouted downstairs.

"What you got towels out there for in October?" He shouted back.

"Please."

I watched him walk away with an attitude. I giggled walking back to my business.

I let warm water run and dumped half a bottle of bubbles in the tub. The main bathroom was huge and the tub was bigger than mine in my room. I carried my radio to the bathroom and popped in one of Faith's slow jam CDs.

I ran back to my room and pulled out a new lingerie set I got earlier today. I put my hair down and let my curls free messy.

I went to the main bathroom turned the water off and waited by the doorway.

"Keyshia, you ain't even have any towels in the back." Malekij said coming up the stairs.

MALEKIJ'S POV

This girl gonn send me to the back to get towels? In October?

*Ring Ring* My phone started going off. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" My mom asked.

"I'm spending the night at Drew's. I'll be back tomorrow." I replied.

"I love you, Malekij. Be safe."

"I love you too, ma." I said hanging up.

'Now where these damn towels at' I said looking around. Keyshia needa stop playing with me, ain't no towels out here.

"Keyshia, you ain't have any towels in the back." I said coming up the stairs.

I seen rose pedals at the top of the staircase. This girl up to something. I followed the rose pedals.

I was stuck when I seen what Keyshia was wearing. I was ready to tear her up right there and then.

2AM

"Keyshia.." I said facing Keyshia in bed.

"Yeah?" She opened her eyes.

"Were you ever in love?"

"Never was. Were you?"

"No." I answered. "But I think I am now." I looked at Keyshia waiting for a response.

"I-"

"You don't have to say anything." I said cutting her off.

"I think I'm in love with you too." Keyshia finished her sentence.

I hugged Keyshia tightly and closed my eyes.

Note: I'm writing the next part now! Sorry for taking so long. I really appreciate your opinions!!

xoxo Adela