42

O L I V I A    V A L E Z

The trees that surround the location were oak-brown and sparse. Due to the apparent recent dry weather, the grasses I walked on were crackly underneath my feet. I was astounded by the trees' magnitude and grandeur. Their entwined arms soared as far as my head could lift. They were ancient fortifications that stood proudly. The symphony of birdsong I could hear from them abruptly came to a halt. A pair of Maria Capra were shrieking high in the forest canopy. In the local language, the Pied Fantail, also known as the Maria Capra, was a territorial species in the bird world. Their dark, mischievous eyes are constantly on the search for a furry companion. They flashed over my vision in a blur of white and warlock-black, attempting to seize the dog nearby.

The morning rays, glinting and gleaming, peered down at us like golden asters. They appeared to be content in their golden-solar isolation. I could see wild herbs growing freely on the floor's clumpy, mossy bedding. The simpering breeze conveyed the smell. Smelling the mulchy combination of the tree's fragrances was enticing. I hugged myself as the cold breeze of Tagaytay welcomed me. 

I was the first to come here since I'm Olivia Valez, the necessary personnel for today's seminar. I needed to show good punctuality, and I would be representing our company. The first impression was always last; that was why it was important. I grunted as I pulled my black YSL tote bag. The seminar would only last a day, kaya hindi ko alam sa aking sarili kung bakit ang laking bag nang dinala ko. Well, I have my micro bag for the essentials. 

Carrying a heavy bag with my five inches clear stilleto heels wasn't ideal. Wala bang helper dito or someone na mag-aasikaso sa mga guest nila? I was starting to have a bad impression of today's event. Parang hindi gano'n ka organized ang seminar na 'to. Na sasayang ang ganda ng lugar kung ganito naman ang service o baka masyado lang talaga akong maaga? Hindi, twenty-four seven ang mga hotel lalo na ganitong lugar na madaming tourist.

It was too early in the morning for me to destroy my mood. I need coffee. It would surely calm me. Laking pasasalamat ko naman ng hindi nagtagal ay may nag-assist na rin sa akin bago pa man ako makarating sa desk ng lobby. Mabait naman ang staff nila dito at naging mabilis ang pagbibigay sa akin ng room. Itinuro rin sa akin pagkabigay ng room key ko kung saan ang function hall kung saan gaganapin nag seminar. 

Nang nakapagayos na ako ng aking mga gamit at sarili, ay bumaba na ako to order some coffee. I knew that Tagaytay was known for its coffee and bulalo, but for now I would settle for the coffee. Sakto namang magkalabas ko ng elevator ay nakasalubong ko si Sue na kasama pala dito. Hindi ko na kasi masyadong inusisa ang list ng mga pupunta dito, kaya hindi ko alam na kasam pala siya. Hindi man lang niya ako sinabihan, e, magkayusap lang kami kahapon.

"Good morning, Ma'am! Kasama ka pala?" agad namang bati sa akin ni Sue.

Hindi ba dapat ako ang nagsasabi no'n at hindi siya? Talagang inunahan niya pa ako. I ran my eyes to Sue, who was wearing a corporate dress with a plunging neck. She was inches taller than her original height, thanks to her heels. And her hair was in that cute curly style. Talagang masasabi kong nag-effort siya ngayon para sa seminar na 'to. 

"Good morning too. You didn't tell me na kasama ka. And by the way, you cleaned up well, Sue. I'm sure hindi ka uuwing mag-isa mamaya." 

Namula naman ang pisngi niya dahil sa sinabi ko kaya napangiti na lamang ako. She do looked like a cute bunny, but don't let the appreance fool you. Sue was far from being an innocent cute little bunny. 

"Ano ba, Ma'am. Small things!" She even gestured a small measurement using her fingers and laughed. "H'wag ako, Ma'am! Look at yourself nga. E, walang wala ako sa itsura mo ngayon."