thirty-five

MORGAN KNOCKED ON THE DOOR and hoped they wouldn't be upset that she was late

MORGAN KNOCKED ON THE DOOR and hoped they wouldn't be upset that she was late. She started to fix her hair, suddenly feeling self-conscience, knowing that this would be the first time Morgan had seen Peter within the last two weeks.

The door opened to show Happy on the other end. Morgan gave him a warm smile while pulling her hands away from her hair.

Happy narrowed his eyes, "Why are you here?"

"Peter is meeting with the lawyer that I recommend, and I want to be there," Morgan said, starting to push through Happy and leaving her tote bag in the doorway.

"Shouldn't you be at MIT right now? Your fall semester is starting soon, not to mention moving day–"

"Happy, everything will be fine. I just finished a zoom meeting with my major counselor."

"Does Peter know that moving day got pushed up because MIT requested for you and other students to move in early?

She stopped walking in the hallway and turned to Happy with his arms crossed.

"No," Morgan said, crossing her arms. "I was planning on telling him today. You haven't told him, right?"

Happy sighed, "I haven't said anything, but why won't you tell him?

Morgan knew the answer why. She barely sees Peter as it is, and going to an out-of-state college away from Peter was a lot. Morgan shrugged, "I'm telling him today. Don't worry."

Peter walked over to Morgan, causing her to greet him with a soft smile. She locked eyes with him, and Morgan felt her stomach flip. She felt his arms surround her body, causing her to sigh in relief at having to be in his arms again.

"I missed you," Peter mumbled into her hair.

It's been four weeks since the public knew about Spider-Man, making it challenging to see each other compared to what they had wanted. Morgan has been busy getting things ready to leave for college, and Peter has felt trapped with everything. Morgan pulled away from Peter and walked over to Aunt May, who hugged Morgan.

"Mister Murdock, this is Morgan, the one who called you regarding Peter's case," Aunt May said, turning towards a man sitting in a chair with a suit.

"Of course, I wasn't expecting your call, Morgan."

"Yeah, I heard a lot about you. So I had to give your number to the Parker's," Morgan said, glancing at Peter.

Everyone sat down at the table, getting ready for what Murdock had to say. Morgan glanced down at her hands, hoping it was good news regarding Peter's case. She knew how much this had taken a toll on him and wanted this to be over.

"Well, I have some good news, Peter," Mister Murdock said, breaking the silence. "I don't believe any of the charges against you are going to stick."

"Wait, seriously? Oh my god. Mister Murdock, thank you," Peter said, smiling while hearing that leave his lawyer's mouth.