Old Man Jokes and Ghost Stories

⍟

I stand outside at the base of the Triskelion building, looking up at the glass elevator that's falling to its doom. I see Cap in there battling some people. This must me what Fury meant when he said SHIELD was compromised.

My hands fly to the air as I use my telekinesis to stop the elevator. Steve breaks through the glass of the elevator and free falls before crashing through the glass roof of the building beside me. I phase through the building he fell into, and look down at his body lying on the ground, surrounded by shards of glass. "Steve what's happening?"

"We'll talk later, kid, but right now we need to go." He hurries and gets up from the floor and grabs my hand, the two of us take off running.

We run into the garage and hop on his motorcycle. The massive concrete doors start to close and we just barely get through before they shut. Spikes come out of the road ahead of us, creating a barrier. "What are you gonna do about the spikes of possible death?" I yell at him over the wind.

Before Steve could answer, a jet whizzes by us dangerously close and hovers just above the ground ahead. "Stand down, Captain Rogers." The pilot of the Quinjet says, but Steve doesn't stop. A big machine gun lowers from the jet and prepares to shoot us. "Repeat, stand down."

"I don't know what's going on, but are you sure you don't want to stand down?"

It starts shooting at us, and Steve swerves to dodge the bullets. He throws his shield and jams one of the propellers, making one end of the jet fall down some. "I'm going on it," Steve says. "Be prepared to jump on the count of 3."

"1."

"2."

"3."

Steve and I jump off the motorcycle at the same time. I levitate myself onto the wing of the jet and Steve lands next to me. He pulls his shield out of the propeller and the jet bucks up on that end, sending the two of us toppling off the back. Steve jabs his shield in the wing and holds onto it, and I grab onto his waist just before falling off. I look down at the ground. I'm only about 50 feet from it. "I'm gonna let go!" I shout at him, while the jet spins us around out of control.

"No!"

"It's okay, I can catch myself." I release my tight grip around his waist and fall. "Don't fail me now absorption boots." I land on my feet and do one of those poses I always see Natasha and Tony do. I look down at my chunky black combat boots and gasp. "Oh my God! They work!" I squeal.

I had built them when I was at Avengers Tower last and I haven't had time to try them out yet, so I'm thrilled to see that they ACTUALLY WORK!

I look up and see the Quinjet crashing onto the bridge and Steve landing in front of me. "Now would you please tell me what's going on?" I ask, frustrated that I'm just blindly following him everywhere without a clue as to what's happening.