Chapter 9 - Fragile

"Lena? Hi, honey!" Kara picked up her phone that early evening.

"I just got home, are you coming here tonight? I want to tell you about the new project I'm developing. I'm so excited, I didn't even see the day go by today, I was immersed in this project. And now I'm here, missing you so much, since we don't even speak today."

"I will, for sure! I also had a busy day. The good thing about it is that the day goes by quickly and in a little while I'll be there with you. I miss you too... every day, all day long."

"I'm sure you will love this project!"

"Oh yeah? So I'm just going to finish this last article here and I'll be off, because I know you won't tell me anything over the phone, even if I beg."

"Kara..."

"Yea?"

"Can I ask you something before you come?"

"Anything."

"Would you come tonight dressed as Supergirl?"

"You like to see me as Supergirl, don't you?" Kara smiled, amused at Lena's request.

"I like it. And I like it a lot! I love seeing you in that short skirt..."

"You kill me, Lena Luthor." Kara felt her face flush as she smiled. "I'll be there in a moment, just the way you want it."

"I can't wait."

(...)

Kara reached Lena's balcony and landed gently. Lena was sitting on the sofa in the living room, distracted with a glass of wine in her hand, waiting for Kara. She smiled widely when she saw Kara standing there on her balcony, her hair gently swaying in the night breeze, as did her cape and short red skirt.

"You look more beautiful every time I see you, Kara... how is that possible?"

Kara smiled at Lena and walked slowly into the apartment.

That tranquility, however, was shattered before Kara could even step inside Lena's penthouse room. It all happened very fast. Unexpectedly, Kara took a very hard blow to her back, knocking her to the floor of the room. Lena was startled and screamed when she realized what had happened. A lexosuit, acting like a robot, with no one wearing it, had landed the blow on Kara and was now walking through her balcony door.

"Lena! Get out of here! Protect yourself!"

Lena was frozen on the couch, just cowering in fright. She saw the lexosuit hit Kara hard again, knocking her against the wall and then lifting her by the neck. It turned its head to where Lena was, causing panic to rise in her chest, and as if it didn't want her to get hurt in a battle in that small space, the suit flew across the balcony holding Kara by the neck. Seeing the lexosuit taking Kara, Lena got up and ran to the balcony in time to see it throw Kara to the ground with all his strength, opening a small crater in the street beneath them. Kara got up and started a fierce fight with that robot, which seemed much stronger and prepared, giving Kara a lot of trouble. In her desperation, Lena called Alex warning her about what was happening at that moment, asking for help.

Alex, for God's sake, I don't know what's going on! Come over here, Kara seems to be in danger, this outfit is different, it's stronger, it's really hurting Kara! Help me, please!"

Alex immediately hung up and headed at high speed to Lena's address. Lena, even feeling helpless, hurried downstairs, not even knowing what she could do to help Kara. Meanwhile, the blonde used her entire repertoire to try to defeat that robot that was attacking her relentlessly. And apparently for no reason!