Relapse

Tw: Smoking, relapsing, arguing, angst

"Stephen, why do you smell like smoke?" You ask, though you already knew what the cause was. His brows furrowed. You frown. He shoved his hands in his pockets, refusing to meet your eyes.

"Stephen. Answer me." You said in a serious tone. He didn't look at you, he just sighed, pulling out a box of cigarettes. You stare at it in disbelief.

"You said you'd stop!" You scowl. His grip on the box tightened. He gritted his teeth.

"Don't you know how hard it is to just stop something after years of doing it?!" He yelled. You stopped in your tracks.

"Do you know, how fucking hard it is to break from old habits Y/N?! I'm TRYING, Y/N. I know it's hard for you, IT'S HARD FOR ME TOO OKAY?!" He yelled louder, clutching his chest. You didn't interrupt.

"I CARE ABOUT YOU. I DO! I WANT TO STOP, I DO! BUT..." He paused.

"But...it's so easy to turn to." He mutters. He fidgeted with the box.

"I'm trying. I am." He whispers. His eyes were filling up with tears.

"I hate feeling like this." He looked at you, smiling weakly, almost like it hurt to do so. You felt stuck in your place. But, you knew your attention should be on Stephen right now. Everything was quiet, you could hear a pin drop.

"I'm sorry you feel that way. And I'm sorry for expecting you to stop so easily." You mutter. 

"It's normal to relapse...and when you do, I'd hope you'd tell me." You continue, trying to find the right words to say. You were going to continue, when you felt arms embrace you tightly. He dug his head in your hair, crying quietly. You didn't say anything, you just embraced him back. You entangled you fingers in his hair, like how he does with yours. 

"I'm sorry." You hear him whisper.

"No, I;m sorry." You reply, tearing up as well.

A/N
Breaks are non existent :/