twelve.

After your graduation, Jaehyun told you everything about his new job on a video call with you. When he told you, you didn't react the same way as you did back when he told you about moving abroad for university. You were shocked but also happy for him, it was evident on your face. He was surprised you weren't mad at him at all. You were pretty calm and were very happy for him.

He felt relieved but, at the same time, guilty for having to break those promises he made.

Though Jaehyun knew you were happy for him, he didn't know that you were also heartbroken. You acted like everything was normal, like how you two would talk on the phone for hours back then when Jaehyun had just moved abroad. But it killed you inside, knowing that you still won't be able to see him as much as he had promised.

You were going to take some time for travelling before finding a job. You knew that you probably wouldn't be able to contact each other once you get a job as often as before because both of you would probably be busy. But at least it'll be easier for you to take some time off to go and visit him.

After the first week after he told you, you began to feel incredibly lonely. Maybe it wasn't just because you missed Jaehyun, but it was also one of those days where you really missed your parents. It's like all those sad moments came rushing back to you. You broke down in tears when you were on a call with Jaehyun one day.

"You left me again... You promised you'd come back."

"Y/N, I never left. I'm still here, I was always here for you and I still am."

"But you're not here, here. Physically."

"Y/N, I thought you were happy for me..."

A few days after that phone call, you started travelling. You knew you needed to get away for a bit, to spend time with yourself, especially after everything you had been through. You explored other parts of South Korea before flying to Japan like you wanted to do.

All those trips helped you tremendously. It gave you time to think and sort out all your thoughts. You needed it, and in the end, you were so glad that you did all that travelling.