thirteen.

As time passed, things started to feel a lot easier for you. It didn't hurt you as much anymore. You've learnt how to deal and live with it.

Throughout the next couple of years, you and Jaehyun's parents would fly out to visit Jaehyun a couple of times when all of you were free of schedule. You always made sure Jaehyun would have the best of times whenever you guys visited, because you knew how hardworking he was and how great he was at his job. Jaehyun would also make the most of the free time he had with you and his parents. It was almost like an escape from reality for him.

During your visits, Jaehyun would drop hints about his feelings towards you. He wondered if you've picked up on it, because you were always so affectionate towards him both physically and verbally, and he was the same too.

But both of you thought that the reason either of you acted that way was that it was the only time you guys were able to hang out like you used to. You wanted to make the most out of the only days you got to spend time with each other before you had to fly back to Seoul.

The amount of times he wanted to tell you about his feelings while he was with you but didn't, drove him crazy. He always held back because he knew that he'd want to fly back with you. Jaehyun's parents even picked up on the behaviour between you two. They couldn't believe just how oblivious both of you were of each other's feelings towards one another, it made them laugh.

In the beginning, Jaehyun was quite happy and content with his life. He enjoyed his extended stay abroad. Though work took over his life most of the time, he lived comfortably and always looked forward to you and his parents' visits.

But as time went by, things started to shift. He wasn't as happy compared to when he first started. Work soon started to begin to stress him out more and more. He didn't love it here as much as before. He began to feel a bit lost and lonely.

It felt like he was missing something or someone...