Chapter 2

Ei pov:
Scaramouche and I watched as Kaedehara Kazuha started his audition. I was kind of confused because Scaramouche has been really quiet... maybe.. he... likes... actually—nah.

"YO SCARA!! YOU STILL THERE?" I interrupted Kaedehara's audition, "Scara?"

He didn't move an inch. Looks like he didn't hear me; what is he— ohhh, I see.

"My dearest apologies Mr. Kaedehara, you may continue." I said soberly, trying to keep a straight face, knowing I embarrassed myself terribly.

"Of course, no worries at all." He said as he restarted his audition line with a laugh.

I looked over at Scaramouche, his cheeks had a faint pink color; well well, I decided to wait until the end of the day to ask him about it, I don't want to embarrass myself again, now do I? Hmph!

After that Kaedehara kid left, Scaramouche was back to his old self, irritating and ungracious self. Ugh, I hate him, why did I get assigned this job with him, unbelievable. But whatever, I have other auditions to enjoy.

3rd person pov:
It was getting dark outside and the line slowly became shorter as the auditions went one by one. Soon enough all of them finished for today. Scaramouche and Ei started walking to a nearby boba shop.

"So~~ did you like any of the auditions today?" I asked him the question I was thinking about earlier.

"Uhm.." Scaramouche replied, "no- of course not. Never." He stuttered.

Ei took out her phone, "you were literally staring at that Kaedehara kid the whole time, idiot."

"I- what- no!!" He responded , trying to defend himself, denying my comment.

"I- whatever. Kuni, what do you want?" Ei asked when they reach to the boba store.

"Taro."

"Okay.." Ei said to the cashier, "one taro and one regular, please!"

"Okay!! I will get to you soon ma'am" the cashier said while Ei and Scaramouche waited for a few minutes. The cashier soon came back with their drinks. "That will be 5,000 mora please!" she said cheerfully while handing Scaramouche their drinks.

"Here. And don't worry about the change, keep it." Ei said with a sweet Beat.

"Woah! Thank you ma'am—you really didn't have to.." the cashier responded to the sudden amount of mora Ei offered. "If you don't mind, could you tell me your name please?"

"Raiden Ei, but don't worry, you can call me Ei." Ei answered, "what's yours?"

"Naganohara Yoimiya. But you can call me Yoimiya." She told Ei as a kid came out of the back storage room. "Sayu? What are you doing out here?"

"Oh, since you have business, I think we should get going." Scaramouche uttered in an annoyed tone.

"Kuni!! Shut up for once! Can't you see how cute this little kid is?!"

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME KUNI IN PUBLI-"

"Okay fine—chill out—WAIT KUNI ARE YOU OKAY?? WHAT ARE YOU GLARING AT!!" Ei looked around and saw boy who they saw at the audition in the afternoon, "Mr. Kaedehara?"

"Oh.. Uhm.. uhm, hello ma'am, do you need something?" Kazuha awkwardly looked away from Scaramouche.

"I thought— wha- aren't you an idol? Why are you here?"

"Why? I can't help my sister around here?" Kazuha grinned.

"Of course you can-"

"Bitch, aren't you scared people are going to recognize you?" Scaramouche interrupted Ei.

"Very funny, aren't you scared too?" Kazuha grabbed onto Scaramouche's tie that he wore, "You're out in public too."

"Ngh— I'm only here to get boba, I'm not trying to be social unlike someone here." Scaramouche stared at me while trying not to choke under Kazuha's breath.

"HEY! THAT IS RUDE. I'M TRYING TO MAKE FRIENDS! WE GO HERE A LOT, DON'T WE?" Ei said with a red face, probably humiliated by Scaramouche, "I am so sorry Ms. Naganohara, we will get going."

"Ah, no worries, have a nice day!" Yoimiya ran out of the front desk, "KAZUHA STOP HOLDING THIS GENTLEMAN'S TIE!!".

"HA? GENTLEMAN? HE LITERALLY CALLED ME A BITC-"

Ei apologizes to Kazuha and drags Scaramouche out. "Are you okay?"

Scaramouche trying to catch his breath, "a-ah y-yes..."

Ei startled as she looks at her phone, grabs Scaramouche by the arm and started running. "KUNI, WE GOT TO GO HOME ITS MIDNIGHT!!"
(Ei calls Scaramouche, "Kuni" when they are alone)

- Authors Note:
Ei and Scara are siblings in this Au; Sayu, Yoimiya, and Kazuha will be siblings too. Sayu and Kazuha are adopted by Yoimiya's father.

_
Published Date: January 21st
Reworked Date: April 9th, 2022
Word Count: 755