Chapter 5

3rd person pov:
Scaramouche and Kazuha walked through there midnight skies to a nearby apartment housing close by the cafe.

"You live in an apartment?" Scaramouche questioned.

"Kinda? no? Well, my siblings do." Kazuha lets out a chuckle as he opened his apartment door with a shiny gray key.

A kid's voice came out of the kitchen. "Kazu-chan is home!!"

Kazuha held out his hands, ready to catch the young lad.

Yoimiya and Sayu walked out from the Kitchen wholeheartedly.

"Kazuha~ you're finally home! Sayu misses you a little too much, she wouldn't stop whining." She tilted her hand towards the shorter guy, "and who's this?"

"Um, I'm Ei's brother." Scaramouche uncomfortably answered.

"Ah!! I remember you from yesterday am I right?? Kazuha talked about yo—"

"Yoimiya, right now is not the time." Kazuha lets out a fake cough to cut off Yoimiya's sentence.

"After you left.." Yoimiya finished her sentence with quiet mumbles and smiled, "but anyways."

"Oh, alright." The shorter guy asked, "is there any food? sorry, I'm a little hungry."

"Can we have fish?" Kazuha asked Yoimiya. "sure! Give me a bit."

"Sayu wants a sweet snack." Sayu requested while poking her head from under the table.

"Ahh!" Scaramouche freaked out and grabbed onto Kazuha like his life depended on it. Kazuha soon turned into all shades of red. Yoimiya whispered "tomato" into his ears.

Yoimiya hopped to the kitchen and took Sayu with her. "Let's give them some time alone, I can go make some food and you can nap. How's that?"

"Okay.. but I want sweets later." Sayu said as she walked into her bedroom, coming across Kazuha and Scaramouche. "Onii-san, I'm off to bed!!"

Yoimiya starts cooking Squirrel Fish shortly after.

Meanwhile with those two:
"I-I'm so sorry!" Scaramouche said loudly, but not too loud. "Kazuha? Hello..?" As Scaramoushe repeated his name. Kazuha's face was all red, he was shaking all over, he felt a hand over his neck. "Huh?! Yeah it's fine. Yeah, yeah, yeah.."

"Okay." Scaramouche said, also flustered.

After awhile, Yoimiya came back with the food. "Eat up lovebirds." She lets out a fake yawn, "you guys don't mind sharing this with one another right? I'm tired of cooking."

The two's faces turned bright red, "I only met him yesterday Yoimiya..." Kazuha quickly replied, trying to justify himself.

They ate their food in silence because Scaramouche didn't feel like talking.

After finishing, Yoimiya broke in and dragged both of them outside. "Test these fireworks for me." She laughed as she handed a lighter and a handful of fireworks, "I need them tested before going back to Inazuma! Tell me what you think afterwards!" She soon went back inside, leaving the two boys out in the starry sky.

"Woah they're so pretty.." Scaramouche said in a soft tone, amazed by its beauty.

'Like you.' Kazuha thought to himself, but he daren't not to utter a word.

Scaramouche soon got tired after a few lit and fell asleep on Kazuha's shoulders. Kazuha didn't mind it although his mind is probably so messed up at that moment. He waited for the fireworks to end.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Yoimiya took a picture and sent it to Ei. She quickly got to her room since she heard Kazuha's footsteps.

Kazuha puts Scaramouche onto his bed, as he puts his hands off Scaramouche, he heard him say "stay with me.."

Kazuha said something but Scaramouche didn't reply. 'Never knew he sleep-talks.' He thought to himself and went to sleep besides him.

"This all sounds like like a  love story, no?"

_
Published Date: January 23rd, 2022
Reworked Date: April 14th, 2022
Word Count: 610