Chapter 10

"Wooo! Finally, it's over!!" Beidou clapped, "after about two months of hard work."

"Beidou, you were only there for literally about a second." Ningguang said sarcastically.

"Stop fighting, you guys act like children, grow up would ya?" Ajax said in an annoyed tone.

"My, my, isn't it the childe that's talking." Scaramouche replied.

"Oh you little rascal, I will make sure you don't live another day—"

"Okay stop." Mr. Zhongli walked in, "Ajax, your girlfriend is waiting for you outside."

"Alright everyone, I guess Lumine needs me." He smiled, "party well."

While everyone was enjoying their time, Scaramouche spent his time looking for Kazuha.

"Hey~ where are you going?" Hu tao popped behind Scaramouche, scaring the heck out of him.

"That is none of your concerns."

"Oh.. well then, would you like to have something to drink?" Hu Tao smirked.

"Hu tao~~ let's go over there to see Yanfei and Xiaoo!" Venti called out.

"I'll be right there hehehe." Hu tao giggled, "well, I'll be going now Scaramouche!!"

She ran to Venti as they both walked towards the other two adeptus.

'I bet they're drunk.' As Scaramouche thought, while continuing look for Kazuha.

Soon, he sees his sister with Yae Miko, they were taking a walk outside of the party place.

"Ei, do you know where Kazuha could be at?" He rushed to the both of them, tired from all the running around.

"I don't know.. I'll text Yoimiya real quick."

"Aw, cheating now?" Yae Miko teased, gaining a slap from Ei. "Ow, you know I was just kidding." Miko laughed.

Ei rolled her eyes.

"Yoimiya said that they're going back to Inazuma. Their plane arrives at 12:30." Ei informed me.

I took out my phone to check the time, 'oh shoot, it's 12:15.'

"Better get going little one~" Miko said, "or else your little boyfriend is leaving~~" she giggled.

"Miko, let's get going." Ei smiled at both of us. They both soon left with their arms across each other's, oh how Scaramouche wanted to also do that with Kazuha.

Scaramouche rushed to the air port, it was pretty fast, getting there in about 10 minutes.

"K-Kazuha!" An out of breath Scaramouche called out, "Kazuha!"

He soon spotted him. "Scaramouche?"

"Kazuha." Scaramouche pulled him into a hug, "why are you leaving so early?"

"My sisters wanted to go back home already."

"But why are you also going?"

"I have my reasons, I'll have to see Tomo. He's probably waiting for me inside my house."

"..."

"I don't want you to go."

"Why is that?"

"I.. I like you."

Both boys' face were red. Scaramouche felt a little embarrassed, but 'that was okay.'

"Oh?" Kazuha mumbled, "you know, the show's over, you can stop acting now. Unless there's cameras around here that I don't know about."

"No! I'm being serious." Scaramouche hugged onto Kazuha even tighter.

Kazuha let out a sigh.

"Seriously, is this how you will reject me?" Scaramouche stopped clinging onto Kazuha.

"Look, I..." Kazuha looked at the ground then back at Scaramouche, "I like you too but.."

"But what..?" Those indigo eyes were waiting for an answer.

"My friend is waiting for me." He sightly smiled, "You'll wait for me right?"

"... yeah, of course." Tears started to come out of Scaramouche's eyes as he watches Kazuha aboard the plane, Kazuha felt very guilty but it wasn't the time. His friends back in Inazuma still need him, he was also dying to see Tomo again, 'friendship before love', right?'

Authors Note: Yeah I told you from [idk] chapter that I might be making this into angst :)
Yeah this will probably be the end so </3
If you want to see more Kazuscara fanfics, click on my bio for more! :D

Published Date: February 25th, 2023 [2022]
Word count: 632