𝟬𝟯. | 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗴𝘂𝘆

𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧

2 weeks later

Another morning. Another headache. Another training I am not looking forward to on the agenda. It is going to be a great day. And the fact that the new German player will arrive today or to be more specific will have his first training session with the team doesn't make it any better. To be honest his arrival is just another reason to stay in bed today. It is not like someone is going to miss me. But I think we can all agree that I am the last person that should skip training. Nothing has changed the last two weeks. I might have gotten even worse if that is possible.

I force myself to get out of my sheets and from that point on I start my daily routine. As if in a trance I grab my phone, check my social media accounts and the newest headlines about how bad of a football player I am, go to the bathroom to take a quick cold shower, put on some training clothes, skip breakfast and then grab everything to leave for my own personal hell. I really don't know how long I will be able to keep this way of living up, if you can even call this living.

A couple of minutes later I am standing on the gras, which is still wet from the rain this morning, putting on a fake smile because I really can't handle another teammate asking what is wrong with me. Some of the guys are already running laps or playing some games with the ball while I am just waiting for the coach to arrive. I really don't think my body would be able to handle the extra movement today. Not eating in the morning does in fact rob you of all your energy but I really don't feel like eating lately. Before I can deepen my thoughts about my unhealthy lifestyle and how much I hate myself I spot the coach entering the training ground, behind him a tall guy with dark curly hair.

That is him. Chelsea's most expensive signing. A 21 year old from Germany. Kai Havertz.

All of us start to form a circle so we can welcome our newest member and discuss today's training. I try to stay a bit in the background behind Reece and Ben because the less people watching me the better. While our coach is introducing Kai I can see how he nervously rocks from one foot to the other. He starts to scan the squad for someone until he spots his friend from the German nationals team Timo Werner. Timo gives him a thumbs up which makes him smile shyly. He looks cute when he smiles. After the coach explained to us what his plan is for our next couple of games we start our warm up and with that I start counting the minutes until training is finally over.

Exhausted I throw all of my stuff on the passenger seat of my car before I drive off back to my house. I am almost back home when the last traffic light I would need to pass turns red right in front of me. I impatiently start tapping on the steering wheel when I see a police car pull up right next to me. I turn down the music and try to act as innocent as possible by keeping my eyes fixed on the streets. My impatience turns into nervousness because I know I would not pass a drug test if for some reason they would pull me out of traffic. No I haven't stopped drinking. And yes maybe my one night stand from the last weekend had something with him I as a professional athlete should not have taken. I mean I am not high or anything but you would definitely still be able to find something in my blood. Suddenly I hear the police car put on their siren and my heart stops beating for a second. Please don't pull me over. Please don't pull me over. My grip around the steering wheel starts to tighten itself and seconds start to feel like years. But then before the light turns green I can see the police turn right and drive away at high speed. A relieved sigh leaves my mouth and for the rest of my drive I pay extra attention not to break any rules or speed limits.

Finally at home I open my door but I am not even one minute inside when I am hit with another shock. I can hear the shower. It is on. Someone is in my bathroom taking a shower. Did I really not notice someone in my bed this morning? I can't believe this happened. If there is one thing I can't deal with right now than that is a probably still hungover one night stand wanting to be my boyfriend or whatever. I just really hope he doesn't know who I am. The water is turned off and I can hear someone leaving the bathroom and walking down the stairs. Oh no please I don't want to see him. But it is too late.