4//first mission completed

Secret Facility, a few days later...

"Are you ready?" Raina asked Hailey as they walked through the corridor to the assessment room.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Hailey replied trying to calm her nerves down. Apparently whoever this Garret was, he was a big deal and he'd arrived this morning. AND apparently, he'd insisted to sit in on her assessment and that was supposed to also be a big deal.

"Ok, the first part is..."

Hailey finished the first task which was to escape from an attack using whatever means necessary. Raina gave her a thumbs up and moved her on to the next task was trying to get as many targets as she could using a gun. That was a massive failure since she was barely able to fire the gun, let alone hit the dummy target.

The final one however made up for her previous failure as they asked her to demonstrate her magic. She held back a lot but did just enough to impress Garrett and Raina.

Once she was finished, Raina rushed to congratulate her for the amazing performance. Apparently, Garrett was also impressed and wanted to meet with her for dinner and that was supposed to be a huge deal.

Hailey was very excited that she had managed to do good on her assessment and she would get her mission soon but she was also nervous about meeting Garett.

Near Dinner time, Raina led Hailey up the building to Garret's office where they were supposed to have dinner.

"Hailey, this is John Garett. I work for him and John, this is Hailey Potter," Raina introduced. Hailey politely greeted him but she felt weird in his presence at first. Maybe because he was so high up and she just started working here but she quickly warmed up to him. He was very friendly, showing her different scars from the battles he fought and telling her stories about it. They sat down to have dinner together. Garett's 'office' was more like a luxury condo. Her room in the facility was a twin bed and a dresser.

"Did Raina tell you about the project were working on together?" Garett asked during dinner.

"No, she told me I was going to get my first mission," Hailey said.

"It must've slipped my mind but Garett and I are working on a very special project. If it's successful, it could change the world," Raina told her.

"That's what you say about every project of yours," Hailey said rolling her eyes playfully. Raina talked about science the way Hailey talked about Damon Salvatore.

"This one is extra special. It's a medicine formula that could bring back the dead," Raina told her.

Hailey's face blanched. Bringing back the dead was far from a noble idea.

"You-you don't actually mean that do you?" Hailey questioned seriously. Raina held her gaze for a second before laughing.

"What? Bringing back dead? Of course not. It's a medicine for-uh-cancer. A cure to cancer," Raina said. Hailey released her breath she didn't know she was holding.

"Raina likes to joke around but we must get back to business. To develop the cure, we need certain equipment. The equipment will be brought to our headquarters in New Jersey on a train. There will be many agents on the train but we have information that we may also have other company- specifically S.H.I.E.L.D. You need to be on the train to protect the equipment from the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents." Garret explained.

Hailey had to keep herself from bouncing in her seat this was going to be so exciting.

"I will brief you on the agents we could be expecting later and then we leave for New Jersey tomorrow to catch the train," Raina said.