Chapter Five- Take Me Home

-Bruce!? Bruce? (Steve knocks on the door)

-Hey, guys. Come in, come in.

They do.

Bruce hugs both of them.

-He's upstairs, I'm gonna call him.

-Thank you. (Steve)

-Hey, kiddo. Your parents are here.

-I.. I don't wanna go. Nobody will believe me.

Bruce sits down on the bed, facing him.

-Pete, you're gonna be okay. All you have to do is tell the truth. In your own time and terms, alright? They'll be by your side the whole time and you'll feel better after telling somebody what happened. Hey, you're gonna be good. I promise. You can do this.

-T—Thanks, Bruce.. Thank you.

-No problem. C'mon, they're waiting for you.

-Hi, cub. You okay? (Steve says putting his arms around him)

-I will be.

-I'm proud of you. Let's go.

Tony tried to talk to him but he was apparently mad at him.

-Thank you so much, Bruce. We owe you one.

-Please, when it's about Peter, I'd do anything. Tell me what happened after.

-We will. Thanks again. Bye!

-Bye guys, be safe!

*****

The ride was silent. Way too silent. It's bothering Tony more than it should.

They arrive there in 30 minutes. They notice Peter's trembling a bit.

An officer calls them inside.

They talk a bit.

-So, Peter. Are you ready?

-I guess..

-Great, let's do this then. I have to record it. So... Peter, tell me exactly what happened that night.

Peter tells everything in the most details he could remember. It embarrasses him knowing his fathers will know everything: about the blowjob, that he moaned, that he touched him. He feels disgusting. He wants to die.

When he's finished, he notices there are tears in their eyes and they're holding hands.

-Sorry...

They can't answer anything.

-There will probably have a trial. I'll call you when it's decided. For now, there's nothing yoi can do. Just.. try to relax as much as you can. And, Peter, thank you for telling us, you were very brave.

*****

They go home in an awkward silence.

-Peter.. I... I have to ask... (Steve)

-Dad..

-Did he molest you? Is that what you said? He raped and molested you?

-Steve... (Tony)

-Yeah... (Pete says looking down)

-Fucking Christ! Why didn't you tell us it was the man that works here? Would he do it again!?

-I thought you weren't gonna believe me.. Because he's a good man to you.

-No! No! He's not a good man. He's the devil himself and I wish I could fucking kill him! It was not your fault, you hear me? Peter?

Peter starts crying instead.

-He was so scary, Dad.

-My love, c'mere. C'mere, Pete..

Peter caves into the touch and allows homself to be tightly hugged by a a desperate Steve.

He kisses the side of his head.

-You were so brave. I'm so proud of you. We both are.

-I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry, Pops.

-Hey, look at me.

He does.

-I'm damn lucky you are my boy! You're my baby, my child. I love you! I love you more than anything, you hear me? Okay, baby? (Steve says whole touching Peter's cheek, while crying)

-Okay...

-Good.. Good.

*****

It felt like hell waiting for the detective's phone call. Peter isn't eating enough, Steve is having several panic attacks, Tony can't sleep. Nothing is the same anymore. They don't know what to do anymore with Peter, he seems to be getting worse and worse every day. He has told them several times that he wants to die. And none of the times they knew what to say properly, 'cause what the hell are they supposed to do?

Tony is relieving everything Peter told him. About the molest, about the rape. And he blames himself. How can he not!? He didn't notice something was going on with his own kid!

Steve is freaking out because he can't seem to make Peter nor Tony calm down. He can't protect his own family and he hates himself for this. It was supposed to be his job!

Then, finally, Tony got the damn call when they were having lunch.

He didn't even say hello.

-So? Is there going to be a trial!? Uhu.. When? Okay. Thank you.

-So? Tony? (Steve)

-We're gonna have to go to trial, kid, I'm so sorry...

Peter leaves the room. He feels like he's going to throw up if he opens his mouth.

-Peter, wait! (Steve)

Tony sits down on the chair again.

-So, it's going to be november 19th and he's gonna help Peter and us to prepare for the questions every week or so.

-Already!?

-Yeah. It's gonna be rough.

-I know.. I just hope Peter can handle...

-He will. He's strong. He has to..

Peter lays on the bed, staring at the ceiling, letting everything sink in. He doesn't think he's ready at all. To relieve everything? To tell what happened in front of strangers? That's embarrassing enough, but he'll have to tell how he moaned. Everything. In front of his parents. He wants to die. No one can help him. No one.

He gets up and gets his blade. And just cuts his wrists very deeply. It doesn't even hurt that much anymore. Is just his way to survive now. It doesn't matter anyway. He'll kill himself eventually!

END OF CHAPTER