Chapter Six- 5,4,3,2,1

***** NOVEMBER 19th *****

-So, everything is here? Everybody ready? (Steve)

-Yeah, love. Let's go. C'mon, Pete, c'mon.(Tony)

Peter hasn't said anything the whole day. Not one word. But it's okay, they think, he'll come out of his shell and be strong.

The drive there is also painfully silent. There's no conversation whatsoever. Just silence. Just a silent noise of thoughts.

They made Peter wear one of his fancy clothes to give a good impression. He hates it.

*****

When they arrived, Peter started trembling. Steve notices and puts one arm around his shoulders and kisses his head.

-You're gonna be okay. I promise, baby. You're okay. He won't hurt you anymore.. It's okay.

He just nods. Peter doesn't answer, can't answer.

They encounter with Pete's lawyer.

-Hi, hello, Peter. How are things? Everything okay? (The man energetically shakes his hand)

And all he can do is nod.

Both Tony and Steve have one hand holding Peter's shoulder. Peter doesn't like it. He doesn't like the way his clothes are feeling on his body. He doesn't like the brief stare his lawyer gives him every now and then. He doesn't like the air he's breathing. The world feels too small for this. He can't do it.. He can't!

-I can't do it! I.. I can't! I won't.

They stop walking.

-I'll leave you alone (Lawyer)

-Peter.. (Tony)

-No! I can't do it! I don't want you to hear me say the things I did! That he made me do!

-Peter, it's okay. We're not gonna judge you. There's nothing to be embarrassed about, no matter what happened there. And we believe you. Every word you say. Alright? Let's go, kid. We're almost there. You can do it. (Steve says touching his face)

-O—Okay.. Sorry..

-No need for apologies for this. Not your fault. Let's go.

They enter the room. Peter can feel a freezing wind go through his spine. It's terrifying.
He later understands why, it's because Skip is staring at him.

Tony notices and puts himself in front of Peter so the perp can't see him.

They all sit down, with Peter in the middle, laying his head on his Daddy's shoulder.

-You got this, spiderling. (Tony)

-Thanks, Daddy.

After a while, the judge arrives. The atmosphere is even more tense now. It's awful. Peter doesn't know if he'll be able to talk without vomiting.

-Peter Stark-Rogers Parker.

-Go there, love. You can do it. We're gonna be right here. (Steve)

They both kiss his forehead.

Peter sits on the big chair. He can feel the looks of the juri. It doesn't feel like they're gonna believe him at all.

-So, Mr. Parker, can you tell us what happened that night?

He looks at his parents waiting for a reassuring look, but he gets only scared looks. He's on his own.

-Ahm... I.. I went to Ginny's birthday party.