Chapter Nine- Beautiful Boy

Months have passed since the trial and Peter's suicide attempt. Peter is not getting any better. He has several panic attacks and has slept in their bed several times too. Steve has read Peter's suicide letter to him over and over and still doesn't know what to say. He cries every time. How can one move on from this:

"Hi, Pops.. I'm so sorry you had to see me like that. I'm sorry I'm making you read this.
I just want you to know it was not your fault. I did this to protect both of you and to spare you from more pain.
Thank you for teaching me what love looks and feels like. Thank you for always being so patient and so kind with me even when I didn't deserve. Thank you for all pf the hugs, the kisses and the words of love.
You're the best superhero this world could ever have, you're kind, funny, selfless and have a heart as big as the world.
I'm so sorry for not being the son you deserve, for always being a burden.
You're the best parent anyone could ask for and you saved my life so many times without even knowing if.
Thank you for everything you've done for me.
I love you more than anything in this world.
Take care of Daddy.
With love,
Cub."

The only "good" news is thay there's going to be another trial.

***** AT THE TRIAL *****

Peter feels like passing out. Steve feels like throwing up. Tony feels like dying.

It's time. The trial starts once more and it's time to Peter tell his story again. That now everyone in the media knows about. There are paparazzis in the room. Peter hates it.

He tells his story again. And he cries and he trembles and he throws up all over again, feeling like shit.

This time, Steve and Tony get to tell their side of the truth. So they do. And they make sure to tell the rapist some words.

-I... I... I hate you. I hate you for what you did to my baby. I hate that now he's a victim of this awful crime. And he's just a child. My child! And you're not gonna get away with if. Not this time! Because he's stronger than all of this Nd he's a hero! Go to fucking hell! (Steve)

Skip just smiles at him and winks. Steve now throws up.

-Can.. Can I just say something?

-Of course, Mr. Stark!

-You made him miserable.. You took his happiness! How dare you take that away from him!? You're not the one who's gonna deal with the aftermath, you're not the one who's gonna be there for him after having to see him cry for help in his sleep, not the one who will see him cut himself because he hates his body so much because of what you did! How dare you take the happiness away from him!? HOW DARE YOU? (Tony says between tears)

And the result is out. Peter is shaking. This is it.

-We find the defendant guilty of all charges.

Peter falls on the bench. He's completely relieved. He's free. He'll be able to live his life again, to see his friends again. To go to school.  He's free.

Both Steve and Tony hug him at the same time, all crying a lot of happiness.

They kiss his head, his forehead and his cheeks. They just hug him and Peter lets this
feeling sink in.

***** AT HOME *****

-Dad?

-Yeah, sweetie?

-I.. I wanna finish the movie.

-Pete.. You.. You had a panic attack.. I.. I don't think this is a good idea..

-I'm gonna have to live with this for my entire life, right? I gotta be able to watch a movie.

-You don't have to do this today!

-Yes, I do. And I need you both with me.

-Kid.. I.. I don't know if I'm ready. I...

-Daddy, it's okay. We gotta deal with this someday. And I think we can do it today. If there's one thing all of this taught me is that I'm capable of dealing with the most painful situations and they only made me stronger. You and Dad made this possible. And I love you both..

-Oh, sweetie.. Thank you.. We love you too..

-C'mon.. Let's get this over with.

So they all watch "The Perks Of Being A Wallflower" once more, all hugged, waiting for the scene.

And the scene comes. And it's a bunch of flashbacks that appear in the boy's mind. Si he cries a lot and shakes.

But this time, his dads are with him. And they hug him tight and cry all together, as a family, waiting the storm to go away.

And they manage to see the beautiful end of the movie.

We're gonna be okay.. Tony thinks to himself.

And they will. This little family will be okay.