Chapter 6: Screaming. lots of it.

After I told Lily about everything she started to talk to me more and she stopped giving Dylan sandwiches. I didn't ask her too, I guess she was just that upset.

I stopped hanging out with Dylan too. I felt bad for going off on him like that but I had a right to be angry with him, he was being a jerk.

I was with Mom and Benjamin while they put the fence up. 

"You just get that hat?"Mom asks, "So you woke up this morning and thought to yourself,"

"It's cold" He defends himself but Mom continues,

"..I'm gonna put this hat on" She finishes.

"Why? What do I look like in this hat?" Benjamin asks and Mom hesitates. 

"Ghastly" I say for her. They both look to me and start laughing, I soon join in on the laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Benjamin comes running up to where all of us are looking worriedly at Spar who is laying on the rock and won't come down. I even went in and tryed to coax him down, he wouldn't budge.

"He got up there. He can't come down." I tell him

"Well can we... Can we use a ladder?" He asks 

"Tried, tried luring with food." I start, "He's got to come down from there. He's got to eat his food. He's got to drink his water. He's got to take his medication. He's dehydrated. I mean, we got to get him in the enclosure." I start rambling, worried.

"Are the other two in the enclosure?" He asks

"Benjamin!" Mom yells at him as he moves closer to the enclosure. 

"Look, if he moves to attack me then atleast he'll be moving, right? He's slow. I can outrun him."

"It's not a bullfight." Mom says 

"Benjamin!" Robin yells, "I think it's time." He says and I look at him, tears brimming in my eyes. 

"For what?" Benjamin says.

"He's ready. Let's call the vet." Robin suggests.

"No." I say quietly.

"..You're the owner, you have to okay this."

Benjamin hesitates and then finds my gaze, my terrified watery-eyed gaze. 

"No, man. This doesn't feel right." He says

"It never feels right, Benjamin." Mom tells him. I try to get her attention but she avoids me.

Theres a moments pause until MacCready comes. "Stuck?" he asks 

"Yea, stuck. uh, Anybody? Ideas?" Mom asks

"Loud noises always scare the big cats." Lily suggests.

"Loud noises scare the big cats." Mom repeats like Lily's a genius.