Chapter 11: Opening!

It rained and rained the next few days. Dylan and I spent most of it together. 

We sat at his house while Benjamin and I read and Dylan and Rosie drawled.

We hung posters all around the town 9 miles away. 

We hung out at my house and watched movies. We started watching the first season of Once Upon a Time. It was very good and we finished in a day.

~~~~~~

The morning of July 7th I wake up because Dylan burst through my door.

"Emilee!" Dylan ran into my room yelling happily and opened my curtains, blinding me with sunlight.

Sunlight!

I throw the covers off of me and run to the window where Dylan is standing and beaming at me.

"It's not raining!" I yell and hug Dylan in excitement.

~~~~~~

Dylan and I walk happily, hand in hand, back to his house after I had gotten ready for the day.

~~~~~~

I helped Mom do Rosie's hair while I waited for Dylan to get dressed so we could start making sure the animals were feed.

~~~~~~~

"Okay, well," Benjamin starts, " We all know that I stink at speeches so I'm not going to try. If Kathrine were here she would have come up with something really funny and clever for me to say. I'd have taken full credit. It's not about where an adventure.. ends 'cause that's not what an adventure's about. So anything that happens from hear on out is a bonus... And I love you guys."

"Okay, Let's open the gates!" MacCready says and cuts the ribbon.

"It's a zoo!" I say and everyone starts clapping and shouting.

Dylan looks at me and smiles. And I smile brightly back.

We wait for a few minutes but nothing happens.

"What time is it?" Rosie asks,

"10:02" Duncan answers.

"They should be here." Dylan states.

"Yea" I agree.

"Patience, my son, patience." Benjamin says calmly.

"No they're right. They should be here. Look, maybe it's supposed to be this way, I don't know." Duncan says awkwardly.

"Dad somethings wrong." Dylan says and starts running to the entrance. I follow along, not too far behind.

"No! Dylan! Emilee!" Benjamin yells at us and starts to run to catch up to us. We get to the entrance only to find a large tree in the way. 

"The tree fell down in the storm last night!" Dylan yells.

"They couldn't have gotten through even if they were here."I say once they all catch up to us.