Chapter 10: Raining!

It rained so much the day after the inspection. 

Since it was raining, it was the perfect time to get some reading done.

Everytime it rains hard like this Mom lets me stay home and I whip out the book and sit on the porch swing and read.

I love the rain. It's so peaceful and soothing.

I grab my hoodie and my book, The Death Cure and headed out onto the porch. 

Normally I would be done with this book my now because it's been like 12 days, but I've been busy with Dylan and Spar.

I was getting to the part where Thomas and Minho and the others were going to the crank palace to look for Newt. 

I sit down in the swing, curl my feet up under me and begin reading. 

A little bit later I hear heavy footsteps approach me. 

I look up to see Dylan walking up to the porch, mumbling something under his breath. 

"Hi!" I say as he gets out of the rain and sits down a little away from me.

"Hi." He says, out of breath.

"Look," He starts a moment later, "I know I can be a jerk some times and I really have no excuse for being that way. I wanna say that i'm so sorry for being that way with you. It's not okay to do that. Especially with someone I care about way too much for my own good!" 

"Dylan-" I say softly but Dylan interrupts me.

"I'm not done yet. I wasn't actually named after Bob Dylan. I was named after a dog named Dylan!" He says and waits for me to say something.

"Is that supposed to change my feelings about you? 'Cause I don't care who you were named after." I say with a laugh.

He laughs. "Sorry 'bout the rain, I know you're not used to it." I tell him.

"No, I love it! I love your hair, I love your love for books, I love you, Emilee." He says enthusiastically.

Woah. 

Dylan just said he loved me......

I don't know what to say now. I'm not sure what to say now.

He starts to realize what he just said but smiles. So he doesn't take it back, he really does love me. I start to smile as I stand and fling myself into his wet arms, holding him in a tight hug. 

I let go, realizing how wet he is. "You must be freezing. You're soaked to the core! C'mon." I usher him into the warm house.

~~~~~~~

"No, Em thats all right." He says when I offer to get him one of my over-sized hoodies.

He's currently sitting on my couch with a pair of my oompa loompa sweat pants on. That's it. Just my sweat pants. I put his shirt, rain coat, and pants in the dryer. 

Oopma loompa pants are just oversized sweat pants. Those pants were big on me so they were obviously a bit big on his since were like the same size.