Chapter 9: Walter Ferris WAS here.

"Okay, well this is it." Benjamin tells us as we get in line and ready for Walter Ferris to come. "I want everyone to stay off their walkies. If anybody has any problems, I don't want to hear about it until after Walter Ferris is gone. Got it?"

We nod and hear the sound of a vehicle approaching.

"All right, here we go." He says.

"Here's to us." I mumble and Dylan puts a comforting arm around my shoulder and I feel my cheeks heat up. I look over at his pretty face. His cheeks are also red.

Ferris pulls up in his car and gets out.

"Mr. Ferris, welcome back to the Rosemoor Animal Park Adventure." Benjamin greets.

"It's an adventure, now?" He says sarcastically

"We'll to be honest, it always was." I tell him with an edge to my voice. 

He looks over to me and averts his eyes to MacCready,

"Hello,MacCready." He greets.

"Hello." He replies and Ferris moves to shake his hand, and he takes it, shaking Ferris's hand. And that's how you know that MacCready is as drunk as a skunk. 

"How are you?" Ferris asks

"On my best behavior." MacCready says calmly.

They continue to take each other in for a few moments before Ferris says,

"I like the jumpsuit." He compliments

"Love the tie." MacCready says back.

Okay this is getting a bit weird.

~~~~~~~~

He checks the schedules.

He sniffs the straw and determines it moist.

He checks the length of the poles.

Checks the sturdiness of the roofs.

He's just trying to find something wrong with it.

He even checks the levelness of the fences.

Checked the water in the enclosure for the otters to swim in.

Checked the glass in the otters enclosure.

~~~~~~~

Mom and I decided to check on Solomon's enclosure. She reached to open the door and it opened, it wasn't locked. 

So Mom tries to get it to lock with her key but now it wont close.

Mom gets out her walkie, panicking.

"MacCready, I would love if you could come and meet me by Solomon's enclosure. Bye." She says into it and continues to struggle trying to get it to close.

I just stand there, not knowing what to do. 

"We're sunk. We're doomed." She mumbles