FIVE

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

It was night Vi and her team follows her as she moved atop the buildings of topside. They stopped when they reached the old cannery near the docks. They looked through a broken window on the roof.

"Let's get Vander and get out." Vi ordered.

They climbed through the window and into the building onto the catwalk. The group sneaks around the building, Vi spots the room where Vander is being kept the door is left wide open and Vander is in full view. As if on display. Violet signals the group to follow her as they run into the room. As they enter the room Vander spits blood from his mouth.

"Vi." Vander looks up to her "What are you doing here?"

"We're breakin' you out." Mylo says.

"Mylo." Vi ordered as he stepped away and thought to herself.

This was too easy.

"On it." Mylo rushed over to Vander and began to start to pick the locks on the cuffs to free Vander.

"How. . . how did you get in? There's guards everywhere."

"It was easy. We found an open window and. . ." Claggor trailed off.

Vi's eyes widened realizing something.

"Oh, god." Vander gasped "You have to get out. Now."

"Welcome." a voice greets behind them.

Everyone stops what they're doing and turns to the voice. On the catwalk was a man clapping his hands as they walked into the children's view.

"You have my congratulations." Mori says.

Everyone glared at him.

"But I'm afraid this will be a very short reunion." Mori's lackeys walked behind him standing at the ready "Mm. Have you heard the rumor? Vander the coward fled town with his children. And they were never seen again."

A knife that Claggor was using to try and break the cuffs snapped in half scaring Mylo next to him.

Vi put on the metal boxing gloves "Claggor see if you can find another way out of here."

"Okay." he said as he began to look around.

Mylo went back to working on the cuffs.

"You don't have to do this." Vander pleaded.

"Yes, I do." Vi stepped out from behind the door and faced the crowd of people across the catwalk the large man with tattoos started to walk across.

"Vi." Vander called out.