SEVEN

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Dazai and Chuuya walked up the steps leading to a mansion. Dazai was hopping along a fence lining the walkway.

"Oi, tell me where we're going, dammit." Chuuya asks Dazai.

"Sorry, would you mind not talking to me? I'm busy breathing right now."

"I'm going to rip your head off, you suicidal maniac. Tell me where we're going!" Chuuya swung his leg at Dazai.

Dazai dodges the attack by jumping away from Chuuya. Chuuya lands in a squat on the ground.

"We're going to investigate."

Chuuya looks over to Dazai.

"We're interviewing people who were closest to the explosion."

Chuuya stands up "What explosion?"

"A week ago, there was an explosion similar to the one we experienced. It happened nearby. The previous boss wasn't sighted there, but the curse is likely the same as what we're investigating. We're going to talk to a survivor of the explosion."

"A survivor? You mean there were casualties?"

"Yeah. A handful of the Port Mafia members you so despise."

Chuuya looks away from Dazai and hums.

"The survivor is gifted. You've already met this person."

Suddenly an explosion goes off nearby in the mansion.

"Oh, dear. The culprit must have gotten to them already."

"Quit yapping and move." Chuuya runs off as Dazai sighs then followed.

The two run to the entrance of the mansion stopping in the front courtyard.

"I don't think we're going to get an interview here." Chuuya comments.

"Raise your arms and face this way." a man dressed in military gear stands behind them.

"Oi, oi. Check this out." Chuuya and Dazai turn to face the man "Our dinner just came to us. I didn't feel like doing an interview anyway." Chuuya smirks "It's simpler to beat the guy behind the cover-up and make him talk."

"Stay back." Chuuya tells Dazai "I'm going to beat the shit out of him."

Dazai sighs in response, bored with Chuuya's behavior "What a child."

"I thought they'd called in backup, but you're just two kids. Is the Port Mafia short-staffed? Or is that man, Random, not very popular?" armed man mocks.

"Randou?" Chuuya questions.

"That's the name of the man we're about to go talk to. The person that was restraining you using his special ability." Dazai explains.