TEN

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Odasaku walked down the steps of the apartment after visiting the orphans that he looked after. He stops seeing Dazai sitting on a stool eating curry at the restaurant on the ground floor of the apartment building.

"Hot! This is too hot. Did you add lava as the secret ingredient or something?"

"Odasaku eats that all the time." the owner states seeing Oda "How were the kids?"

"The same as usual."

"Are those all the kids that lost their parents in the Ryuuzu Dispute two years ago? You're Oda Sakunosuke. A member of the mafia who never kills, you have no interest in moving up, and you take care of orphans. You sure are strange. YOu're the strangest person in the Port Mafia."

Oda moves to sit next to Dazai "Not as strange as you."

Oda slides an envelope over the counter to the owner "Here are the living expenses for those kids for the time being."

"Are you sure? I don't mind pitching in. . ." the owner asks.

"I'm already grateful that you're giving them a place to stay."

Dazai takes a bite of his food.

"And as long as I get to eat the curry here whenever I want, I don't need anything else."

Dazai whispers 'hot' over and over referring to the curry.

Oda looks over to Dazai "And you came here today concerning that thing, right?"

"Yes. . . I've come to the conclusion that they are an organization of gifted members from overseas. They were being chased by a gifted agency from England called the Oder of the Clock Tower, and came scurrying from Europe to Japan. . ."

"And what did those guys come all the way to Japan for?"

"They escaped to a foreign land. . . So maybe something was already here. . ."

"That's possible. . . But there's one thing that bugs me about that."

"You want to say that the soldiers were far too skilled, right?"

"Yeah."

"They're former soldiers. . . According to my information, the head of that organization uses a powerful gift to command overturn soldiers."

"Powerful gift? Does the boss know about this?"

"I reported it to him. Then he ordered me to come up with an anti-Mimic strategy and command the front. I already set up various traps."

"I'm going to ask you something rather rudimentary, but if it's an international criminal organization with gifted members, wouldn't this be a matter for the government agency?"