TWO

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Indistinct chatter could be heard throughout the bar. A small man with orange glasses red hair and a badly receding hairline was at the bar waiting for his order of two drinks. The bartender filled up two mugs of beer and handed them to the man. He grabs the cups dodges tables and people walking over to a table. At the table sat a man and a woman. The man was light-skinned and large with a bald head and brown beard. The woman had dark skin with glowing yellow eyes.

"Well, I, uh, suppose that concludes our business, then." the man with a beard snickers as he toses a bag full of coins to the smaller man.

"Mm. I suppose it does." the man with glasses, Huck, says opening the bag and looking inside.

"Wait. . . Uh, wait a minute. This, uh. . . uh, this. . . isn't what we agreed on, so. . ." Huck pulls out a couple stacks of one hundred dollar bills and coins.

"Well, demand for your wares has dropped since we made our arrangements. This is the new value." the bearded man states.

"Uh, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. We, um. . .we shook on it." Huck chuckles "Ten thousand."

"Such are the risks of business."

"Ten."

"It's a fair price. I think you should take it."

"No, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. I can't do that. I can't do that!" the man with glasses shoves the bag of coins back at the two people.

The woman chuckles as a coin from the bag rolls out. The woman pulls out a knife and stabs the coin stopping it from rolling. Pulling the knife from the table and sliding it next to the bag of coins.

"Make your choice." she motions to both items on the table.

Huck gulps in fear locking between the knife, bag of coins, and the two people sitting across from him.

"You folks need anything?" the bartender walks over to the table.

"Leave us." said the bearded man without moving his eyes from Huck sitting across from him.

"You sure about that? Sounded to me like-"

"Piss off." the woman cuts him off glaring at the bartender.

"Ah." the bartender's eyebrows rise as he walks away from the table.

Scrapping could be heard as a chair was pulled up against the table next to Huck.

"I think I know what you need." The bartender sits down on the chair.

"You don't seem to listen, barman-" the woman gets cut off.