The Deadliest

[9/11 involvement, may be sensitive to some, you were warned]
I was still asleep, it was around maybe 6:45 in the morning, not typical for me, especially for someone who worked in the 911 dispatch service. Thank god my shift was third shift tonight. I was nervous, I was having a nightmares about my mom, she was dying, she'd lost her healing factor in this dream, and was mortal. She came in my dreams more often than usual, I was worried if she'd been hurt or even killed and I didn't know. I know she hated me, but she was my mother, I still loved her even though she hated me. My father, he was non-existent, not even apart of my life once. My mom was gay, she'd been with my step-mother, we kept in contact so she would've called if something happened. She loved me, adored me just like Frank, she was more approachable and actually loved me. Which is kinda sad to think about now, but yeah, I can't change it.
"Selena.. please, help me" she echoed in my head.
"You little bitch! Get out of my way!" the other voice ran over her voice.
"SCRUB THE TAN OFF OF YOU!" she yelled over the voices.
"Stupid little girl! No wonder you got a B+!" a another came.
Now there was even more, almost overwhelming my ears. The visuals blurred with a dark red presence, almost like a thunder cloud and lightning. My step-mothers voice came, saying "HELP ME!". I woke up fast, looking around me, panting, and in a cold sweat. Frank was still with me, thankfully, the curse must've worn off since my mom wasn't focused on me. She must've been with my step-mother now.. but where would she be? Where would they be?
"Baby? Baby, you okay" he asked, rubbing my back.
I catched my breath, finally feeling the warmth of his hand on my back.
"You okay?" He asked, sitting up to look at me, bringing my hand into his.
"Yeah, I just had a bad dream, I've been having really weird and bad dreams lately" I push my hair behind my ear, looking at Frank with a doleful eye.
"You're gonna be okay baby, with me around, I'll protect you" He wrapped his arms around my torso, pecking my right shoulder.
I lied my head against his, holding his arms with a small smile and chuckle.
"What's the plan for today, Frankie" I asked, turning my body around to make eye contact.
"Nothing for now, was hoping to make breakfast for you" he smiled, pushing my hairs aside.
"Can I pleaseee wear your sweater, it's so freaking cold, YOU HAVE ALL THE WINDOWS OPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF FALL" I laugh, squinting my eyes.
He smiled, taking a photo of me, catching my attention. I pouted, crossing my arms with him, chuckling.
"Look at that big laughing smile you have" he says shaking the photo lightly. I pretend to be mad, turning my head away, he scoffs, pulling my head to look at him, he pouted the same way I was.
"Look how ridiculous you look, and you wanna ruin that beautiful face looking like a grumpy gremlin" he laughs. I smiled, playfully nudging on his shoulder. He smirked, alluring his eyebrow to make me blush. My cheeks filled with warmth, turning blotchy red and shades of pink. He took a photo, making my pupils shrink from the flashing light. This time he ran away, I chased him, trying to reach for the picutre. He was taller than me by what, I was 5'5 maybe 5'6 and he was 6ft 3. He held the camera up with his arm in the air, making it harder for me to reach.
"MEANIE" I shout, giggling. He looks down at me, kissing my head, giving me the camera. I grab it, this time taking a picture of him and myself.
"Say cheese!" I say, squinting an eye to get a good aim. I press the button, with him pulling me into a kiss.
"Frankieee" I playfully frown, looking at the last 2 pictures of myself.
They weren't bad as I thought, they were actually really nice to see, you don't see yourself often. He placed all of the photos we took over the years, now everything was settling into my mind, those things that happened were dreams, the CPS, the incident with Matt and the cops and that Russian man, all of that, that was a dream. It was all just a series of dreams of the last few nights of my life, tomorrow was my birthday. I felt so.. different, happy actually, not scared, or sad. I knew what was going on now, and I wasn't sad anymore. It was a beautiful day out, and life is so precious, why not spend it with your loved ones who you'll never know will be out of your life.

I ran and jumped onto Frank, him startled and catching me just in time in case if I fell off. I kissed him deeply, hugging him tightly and closely as I could.
"Everything okay, baby?" He asked, laying his head on my shoulder into the protective hug we were in.
"Everything's perfect" I say looking at him, him smiling big.
"Glad to see you so happy again" he softly says, bringing me onto his lap, sitting in the chair next to him.
"I realized that everything I was experiencing, they were all dreams, life is too precious and that time I felt miserable, I don't want to have to feel again, with you or with anyone I love"
He looked into my eyes, pushing a lock of hair behind my ear, looking at my facial features. He touched my face, just to feel it, he loved physically touching things and me, me in particular. And I'm not even being conceited just because I'm with him, he really did love to touch me, not in that way if you're thinking sexually. LMAO. My accent is still thick, but it's more controlled now, more just neutral. I massaged his head, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pressed his lips on my forehead, pecking it multiple times making me laugh.
"I love you, Frankie, I love you so much" I say, kissing his head.
He closes his eyes, yearning his head to find mine, holding my hands lightly. "I love you" he whispers, touching my small button nose with his long nose. "I love you more"