Chapter 3

You start eating as others do too. You can't help but feel as if the whole table is watching you. You're shaking a little, pretty nervous. You're not sure of other stares, but you're really fucking sure that Camilo keeps looking at you.

You decide to look back at him, quickly looking up from your food which startled him. You didn't know what expression you had, but you assumed it looked angry so you quickly changed it to relaxed. He didn't look back at you, though. He started hyperfocusing on his food. You look to your left, really confused at what that was, only to see Mirabel snickering. You look at her fondly and smile, fixing your posture and proceeding to continue eating.

„So, Y/N,” Julieta starts speaking. You look at her, she's at the right of the table across from you, „How are you enjoying the food?” She asks.

„Oh, I love it! Your food is delicious, señora.” You kind of falter at the señora, unsure if that's the right thing to call her. She gives you a smile, so you assume it's okay.

„And how are you finding dating Camilo?” Pepa asks.

You feel your mouth drop. Your eyes widen as a confused expression forms itself on your face. Everything around you goes quiet and you feel a beep coming off in your ears. You look over at Camilo, who you've interacted once with, he's looking less confused, but more shocked at the sudden question. You look at Mirabel, as if asking for help, and she's blushing mad, looking uncomfortable.

„Excuse me?” You manage to get out of your mouth in a whispery voice. Pepa starts looking unsure, forming a little cloud.

„Camilo told me he likes you, I'm assuming he invited you as a form of showing the family you're dating,” Pepa explains.

„But...what? I-” You stammer. You don't know what to say first. You end up a stuttering mess. Finally shutting up, you look at Camilo once again. He's blushing. You look down at your plate. Suddenly, you get up from your chair and leave. You weren't aware of doing that, but once you were outside, you thought it's good your body did.

You sit out. You didn't want to really leave. You feel tears forming in your eyes.

„That was so fucking embarrassing.” You think to yourself.

„I'm going to go after her.” Camilo states, getting up from his chair. Mirabel got up as well.

„No, you're not. You messed this up, Camilo,” Mirabel says, „I'm going to go after her and you stay here.” She sounded really serious, Camilo rather sat down. Mirabel left the dining room and went outside, quickly meeting a sitting Y/N.

„Y/N.” Mirabel says softly, sitting beside you. You look at her with an empty expression.

„What the fuck was that?” You ask, pointing to Casita, „I talked to Camilo once and- I'd never even like him anyway.”

You pull your legs to your chest and rest your chin on your knees. Mirabel looks down at the bracelet, blushing. She reaches out a hand to touch you, opens her mouth to say something, but pulls away and doesn't let out a sound in the end.

You close your eyes.

„I don't want to go back there.”

„We don't have to go back there.” Mirabel says. She wanted to say „We can go to the nursery and cuddle.”, but she ended up struggling with words and stuttering. She couldn't let out her own feelings like that. „Y-you can go home,” she lets out finally. You turn around to see her. She's blushing and looking away.
She was so pretty.
It got you blushing.

„I don't...want to go home either.” You find yourself saying. You just couldn't leave her like that. You wouldn't do that to her... „I...still want to have that sleepover, you know.” You say and she looks back at you. You try having a reassuring smile and it works. She smiles back.

„I'm so glas she does...” Mirabel thinks to herself, „I could've butchered this.”

You two got up and went inside. You went up the stairs and to the nursery. Mirabel sat down on her bed and you got up on the bed and leaned your back on the wall, your legs crossed. Mirabel turns to you and gets up on the bed too. She lies on the bed, her front down. She rests her head on the palms of her hand and you look at each other.

„So...you sure you wouldn't like Camilo?” Mirabel asks. This whole thing was his idea. Mirabel would at least like to know if it was just a shock thing.

„No. I already like someone else.” You say.

Mirabel felt her heart sink at that moment.