Chapter 6

Sorry I don't upload more often. Messy sapphics aren't on my daily schedule. Reading the Death Note manga is

They went through the whole wide town, Mirabel not only showing attention to pretty boys, but also pretty girls. Y/N got all flustered, but couldn't manage to tell anything that would point Mirabel towards the correct solution.

When they were back in the Casita, Mirabel frowned.

„But...We went through the whole town, how come you didn't tell me?” She looked a bit desperate. Y/N felt guilty at the site. Was it better to further lie to Mirabel or just...confess?

„Uhm...” Y/N was quickly thinking up something. She considered saying something corny and dumping out her feelings, but...Nah. She can't do that. Mirabel obviously doesn't like her that way. It seems more like she wants to get rid of Y/N, trying to find out who she likes and all.

„You're hiding it from me, aren't you?” Mirabel crossed her arms, but Y/N was confused - Mirabel wasn't mad. She had a playful grin and her body language didn't seem like she really was angry, despite her words sounding hurt. Y/N immediately smiled and thought; „Of course! It was always better to lie.”

„Yup! Guess you gotta find out who my crush is another way. You're not getting it out of me so easily.” You chuckled, she chuckled, you put your hand on your hips and she kept her stance.

„Right. So I...I guess I should go back.” Mirabel says, pointing at Casita. Y/N eyes her, surprised by the sudden goodbye.

„U-uh yeah...I guess,” Casita throws Y/Ns bag to her feet, „thanks for the sleepover.” Y/N turns around and goes as Mirabel mumbles something in response.

Mirabel strongly fought the urge to tell Y/N to stay, because she still wanted to spend time with her. She wanted to talk with her forever...But instead she watched her slowly walking away, not even turning back to awkwardly wave bye. Her hand came back to the bracelet, which she looked at and felt a little gut punch.

Mirabel went inside Casita and wiped the tears from her eyes she didn't know she had.

„Wow, dramatic much?” Isabela came from the shadows and smiled. Mirabel yelped.

„Ah! Isabela, I didn't know- wait how long have you been here?”

„Long enough to see you're totally gay for Y/N.” Mirabel turned red and Isabela laughed.

„I'm not- It's complicated, Isa.” Mirabel muttered and went towards the stairs. Isabela shot a vine straight before Mirabel's chest and she promptly stopped.

„Mirabel, believe me. Hiding your true self will only make things worse. You yourself taught me that.” Isa leaned on the wall and Mirabel sighed, ready to say something, only for Isa to continue; „Everyone can see your crush from a mile away. Maybe even Y/N herself.”

„No, she can't,” she wished she could, „Y/N likes someone else...”

Isabela stared, dumbfounded. She's gossiped with Dolores about that girl through and through and she heard NOTHING about a crush...On someone who isn't Mirabel.

„Mirabel, I'm going to say it like it is; no, she doesn't.” Isabela will always keep the deepest secrets. She won't tell Mirabel that Y/N has a crush on her, that's for Y/N to spill. But she will tell her Y/N lied. Won't tell why though. Mirabel has to come to that conclusion herself.

„Uh, she does. She just doesn't want to tell me.” Mirabel felt like crying again, as her best friend won't share such a crucial detail.

„She really doesn't. She doesn't talk to anyone but you. Or, at least, doesn't have such a strong bond.” With that, Isabela left, leaving Mirabel confused.

Mirabel went up to the nursery and sat down on her bed. She thought about Isabela's words. „What did she mean? Does Y/N have a crush on me?? Yeah, right. Stop being so self-centered, Mirabel. Maybe she just doesn't have a crush and said it to get out of the whole awkward situation around Camilo. But would she take it as far?”

Mirabels head spun and she felt tired from all the possibilities. It was still before lunch, so she felt like taking a nap would be inconvenient. She just close her eyes, took a deep breath and layed down like that for a while. After she opened her eyes, she was decided.

She's going to talk to Dolores.

You came home and went upstairs to your room. „Great. Now Mirabel thinks I like somebody else, saw the opportunity to stop talking to me, and jumped. She doesn't like me, does she?” Wallowing in self pity would feel great, but you just couldn't.

„Well I can't blame her. Why the fuck did I think lying would be a good idea?” You think to yourself, burying your face into your pillow and waving your legs around. Self-hatred it is.

„But she was so nice to me...” You feel tears sting your eyes and a terrible feeling punch your gut. I guess it's both.

„I'm the worst.”